Are you suffering from the sinusitis? Do you want the easy and effective home remedies to treat the sinus infection? If yes then you are at the right place. In this post we are listing top 8 effective home remedies for sinusitis. All these home remedies are without any side effects. A lot of people are suffering with sinus infection. This is very irritating and discomfort problem.
Sinusitis is basically an inflammation of the lining of the sinuses. Due to some reason skeleton air pocket and facial bones filled with liquid and bacteria, and fungi then you may suffer with sinusitis. Sinusitis is painful and uncomfortable infection. Sometime surgery is necessary for treating surgery.
Common causes of Sinusitis
- Nasal Blockage
- Viral Infections
- Nasal Bone Spur
Best Home Remedies for Sinus Infection
You can find the certain medicines for the sinus all will have any side effects. You should try the home remedies first to treat sinus. These home remedies have not any side effects and it can be treating for life time. Start reading below given remedies and be healthy.
7 Effective Home Remedies for Sinusitis
1) Apple Cider Vinegar for Sinusitis
Apple cider vinegar is most popular home remedies for several health problems. ACV is also very effective to treat the sinusitis. ACV contains vitamins and minerals that helps to balance pH level and controls the sinus symptoms. It has also anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that help to treat the sinus infection.
- Take 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and some Luke warm water
- Mix these properly and consume this solution.
- Repeat this twice in a day
2) Honey for Sinus
Honey is also beneficial to treat the sinusitis. Honey contains an antimicrobial agent that helps to soothe the nasal passages and the throat. It can be cure the sinus infection and provide the relief from pain and inflammation.
- Take 1 tablespoons honey and 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Properly mix these two ingredients and warm little
- Now consume this mixture
- Repeat this remedy twice in a day
3) Steam for Sinus Pressure
Steam is the best method for treating the sinus infection. Steam can be give instant relief from pain and congestion due caused by sinusitis. After steam inhalation you can feel energetic and healthy person. The steam is also beneficial in cold, cough, headache and sinus as well.
- Take one bowl, a big towel and Hot water
- You can add 2-3 drops essential oils in hot water
- Now start inhaling the steam
- Make sure cover your head with hot water bowl
- Repeat this method thrice in a day for best result
4) Ginger Tea for Sinusitis
Ginger tea is another natural home remedy to treat the sinusitis. Ginger has high level of antioxidant anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce the swelling and irritation and get rid of sinus infection.
- Take 2 teaspoons ginger and 1 cup boil water
- Mix the ginger in hot water
- Leave it for 15 minutes to steep it
- Now strain the solution and drink as a tea
- You need to drink this tea thrice in a day
- You can add little honey in this for better taste
5) Green Tea for Sinusitis
Green tea is the effective natural method for treating the sinusitis. This is very popular tea for weight management. Green tea contains antioxidant and healing properties that helps to control the sinus infection and provide the relief from sinusitis pain and inflammation.
- Take green tea bag, honey and 1 cup hot water
- Steep green tea in the hot water
- Do this for 5 minutes
- Now strain and drink this effective tea
- You can mix little honey in this for better taste
- Drink thrice in a day
6) Coconut Oil Pulling For Sinus
Coconut Oil is the effective oil for treating the sinusitis. It helps to clear the nasal passage blockage and provide the breath relief.
- Take 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Use this as a mouth wash
- Keep swishing for few minutes
- Then split coconut oil
- Rinse off your mouth with water
- Repeat this twice in a day
7) Essential Oils for Sinus
Essential oils such as eucalyptus, lavender, and lemon are very effective oils for treating sinusitis. Essential oils also helpful to provide relief from headache and pain caused by sinus. Essential oils contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial that provide relief from sinus pain and inflammation.
- Take 3 drops eucalyptus oil, 4 drops lavender oil, 4 drops lemon essential oil
- Properly mix all these oils
- Take 2-3 drops on fingertips
- Gently give massage on neck, temples, and back of the neck
- Also you can breathe and inhale vapors of these essential oils
- Repeat this thrice in a day
In this post you have gone through the top 7 natural home remedies for treating sinusitis. Please share this post to your friends so that they can also take the advantages of these effective remedies and be healthy.