Strep throat is like a contagious disease that can also be called streptococcal pharyngitis. Strep throat is basically an infection of the throat. The main reason of this is bacterium known as group a Streptococcus. We are listing top 10 home remedies for Strep throat in this article. Strep throat affects the pharynx, tonsils and larynx. Before reading about home remedies you should know about the symptoms of Strep throat so that you can do proper care.
Common symptoms of Strep throat
- White Patches on the Throat
- Reddening of the Tonsils
- Sore Throat
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Stomach Ache
- Loss of Appetite
- Red spots and Rashes on the Skin
Strep throat is mainly affects to the children. Strep throat generally occurs during the winter months. There are several antibiotics are available for this but the given effective home remedies can also help to treat the strep throat.
1) Cayenne for Strep Throat
Cayenne is another excellent home remedy to treat the strep throat. It contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to reduce inflammation and growth of the bacteria of strep throat. It also help to control the infection caused for strep throat.
- Take half teaspoon of cayenne powder, one tablespoon of honey and three teaspoon garlic cloves
- Mix these entire well and prepare the mixture
- Consume one teaspoon of this mixture several times in day
- Please keep in mind that you do not drink water immediately after taking this mixture
2) Apple Cider Vinegar for Strep Throat
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural home remedy for strep throat. It has anti-bacterial and healing properties that help to get rid of the bacteria of strep throat. ACV also helps to boost immune system that control the further infection and prevent strep throat.
- Take three teaspoons apple cider vinegar and one cup of warm water
- Mix these properly
- Start gargling with this mixture
- Do this method thrice in a day
- Alternatively you can mix acv in warm water and add little honey in this
- Start drinking twice in a day. This will also very effective.
3) Garlic for Strep Throat
Garlic is also well known natural home remedy for treating strep throat. Garlic contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to prevent infections and get rid of strep throat. It also has sulfur content that helps to improve immune system.
- Take fresh garlic clove
- Peel this and slice in half
- Suck one piece of garlic
- Repeat this several times in a day
4) Salt Water for Strep Throat
Salt water is another easy and effective method to get rid of strep throat. Salt water helps to provide immediate relief from pain and inflammation caused from strep throat. It kills the bacteria of strep throat. Use this as given below.
- Take one teaspoon salt and one cup water
- Mix the salt in water and properly dissolve
- Start gargling with this solution
- Repeat this method thrice in day
5) Lemon and Honey for Strep Throat
Lemon and honey are the well known natural home remedies for strep throat. Lemon contains vitamin C that helps to control the growth of bacteria of strep throat. Honey has healing property that helps to provide relieves soreness and inflammation.
- Take one tablespoon honey and one tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix these in a cup of lukewarm water
- Drink this solution slowly as a tea
- Repeat this thrice in a day
6) Sage for Strep Throat
Sage is the effective natural home remedy for treating strep throat. Sage contains antibacterial properties that help to stop the growth of bacteria of strep throat. It also helps to provide the relief from throat pain and irritation.
- Take one teaspoon dried sage
- Mix it is a cup of hot water
- Cover it for 10 minutes
- Strain and sip this tea
- Repeat this twice in a day
7) Chamomile for Strep Throat
Chamomile is another excellent home remedies for strep throat. Chamomile has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and soothing properties that help to provide relief from headache and throat pain as well.
- Take 3 teaspoons chamomile flowers
- Mix in a cup of hot water
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Strain this and mix little honey and lemon juice in this
- Repeat this thrice in a day
8) Cinnamon for Strep Throat
Cinnamon is very beneficial home remedy for strep throat. Cinnamon contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to give instant relief from strep throat pain and inflammation.
- Take one teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Add in a cup of hot water
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- You can add one teaspoon honey in this
- Drink this effective solution
- Repeat for thrice in a day
9) Onion for Strep Throat
Onion is also well known natural home remedy for strep throat. It has antibacterial property that helps to kill the bacteria of strep throat. It gives the fast recovery from strep throat.
- Take one onion
- Do the slice into thick pieces
- Start chewing few onion slices
- Onion juice kills the bacteria present in throat
- Repeat this several time in a day
10) Sunflower Oil for Strep Throat
Sunflower Oil is the great remedy for strep throat. Sunflower oil can be very effective for the soreness associated with strep throat and provide soothing relief from strep throat.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- Drink it slowly
- Repeat twice in a day
- Don’t drink water immediately after sunflower oil drink
In this post you have gone through the top 10 natural home remedies for strep throat. Start using these and get the proper relief from strep throat symptoms. Please share this post to your friends so that they can also take the advantage of this useful article.