What is heartburn? How to treat heartburn? What are the home remedies for heartburn? In this article we are listing 15 best natural home remedies to get rid of heartburn – causes of heartburn. Heartburn is a term but there is not any relation with the heart. Heartburn is basically concerned with the gastrointestinal tract. Your stomach needed strong acids for the digestion of the food we eat.
When acid rises back to the esophagus, then it causes painful burning sensation in chest or neck. This action of acid and painful situation is caused heartburn. This situation can be serious if it feels from 2-3 weeks. There are many reasons for heartburn but one of the common causes is the unhealthy diets and heavy diets. Keep reading to known the natural treatment for heartburn.
Common Causes of Heartburn
- Spicy food
- Fried food
- Carbonated Drinks
- Some Medicines
Best Home Remedies to Get Rid of Heartburn
1) Baking Soda to Treat Heartburn
Baking soda is one of the best home remedy to treat the heartburn. Baking soda is also called sodium bicarbonate containing natural antacid which helps to get rid of heartburn symptoms indigestion. You should not use the baking soda regularly.
- Take 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix this in 1 glass of water properly
- Consume this solution to get relief from heartburn
2) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Heartburn
Apple cider vinegar is one of best natural home remedies for treating heartburn. This is mostly used and proven home remedy to get rid of heartburn symptoms. Consumption of ACV solution will help to prevent to generate the heartburn again. It is also beneficial to get rid of gastric problem quickly.
- Take 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey and 1 glass of water
- Mix ACV and honey in 1 glass of water
- Drink this ACV solution
- Repeat this once daily to get rid of heartburn and prevent for the future
3) Green Tea to Treat Heartburn
Green tea is very effective natural drink to treat the heartburn symptoms. Green tea helps to soothe gastrointestinal irritation and gastric acidity. Green tea contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which help to remove harmful toxins, and get rid of harmful bacteria in your stomach. In result it will treat the heartburn symptoms effectively.
- Take 1 green tea bag and 1 cup of hot water
- Dip the tea bag in1 cup of hot water
- Steep this for 5 minutes
- Drink this herbal green tea
- Repeat thrice in a day to get fast relief and include once daily for further protection
4) Mustard for Treating Heartburn
Mustard is also beneficial to get rid of heartburn. Mustard contains alkaline which helps to neutralize the stomach acid and get rid of the heartburn symptoms.
- Take 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Consume this with warm water
- You need to use while you experiencing the heartburn symptoms
5) Honey for Treating Heartburn
Honey is also very popular natural home remedy to treat the heartburn symptoms. Honey contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to get relief from throat and chest pain due to acidity or heartburn problem. Honey will be helpful to completely get rid of heartburn and also sure for future generation.
- Take 1 teaspoon honey and 1 glass of lukewarm water
- Mix this properly
- Drink the honey solution
- Make sure you should drink before 1 hour of your meal
- Repeat twice in a day
6) Water to Treat Heartburn
Water is very easy and simple home remedy to treat the heartburn. Drinking of cold water will be helpful to down the burning sensation of chest and throat. Drinking the plenty of water will be beneficial to reduce the heartburn symptoms.
- Take 1 glass cold water
- Drink this when your feel heartburn
- Do this every time when burning generate in throat and chest
7) Licorice Root for Treating Heartburn
Licorice root is good home remedy to get rid of heartburn symptoms. Licorice helps to protect the the esophagus and intestine which is beneficial to reduce the burning sensation of throat and stomach. Anti-inflammatory property of licorice root will help to completely cure to the heartburn symptoms.
- Take licorice root tablets
- Chew one tablet at one time
- Repeat this thrice in a day
8) Almonds to Get Rid of Heartburn
Almonds are effective natural home remedy to get rid of heartburn symptoms. Almonds contain alkaline compounds that help to neutralize stomach juices and treat the burning of throat and stomach. You should not eat almonds in large amount.
- Take 4 raw almonds
- Eat these daily after your meal
- Repeat this remedy and add in your daily diet routine
9) Banana to Treat Heartburn Naturally
Bananas are great natural home remedy to get rid of heartburn. Banana contains low acid content and it works as good natural antacid. Banana helps to remove the bacteria which are the reason of acid reflux.
- Take 1 ripe banana
- Eat this fruit daily in morning
- Consume at least 2 bananas daily to get relief from heartburn
10) Aloe Vera Juice to Treat Heartburn Naturally
Aloe Vera juice is well known natural home remedy to treat the heartburn symptoms. Aloe Vera contains anti-inflammatory property that helps to reduce the inflammation in stomach and get rid of heartburn effectively.
- Take half cup aloe Vera juice
- Consume this drink 20 minutes before your meal
- Repeat this once in a day to cure heartburn
11) Yogurt to Get Rid of Heartburn
Yogurt is one of the easiest and effective home remedy to get rid of heartburn symptoms. Yogurt contains good and healthy bacteria which help to restore the microorganisms balance in stomach. Consumption of yogurt helps to remove the harmful bacteria and in result treat the heartburn symptoms.
- Take Plain yogurt
- Consume 1 bowl daily with your daily meal
- Repeat daily as your routine diet
12) Buttermilk for Treating Heartburn
Buttermilk is effective home remedy to treat the heartburn symptoms. Buttermilk is beneficial to reduce the burning of throat and stomach. Acidity can also be treated effectively by consuming buttermilk. Buttermilk contains lactic acid which reduces the acidity of stomach.
- Take the buttermilk and pinch of black pepper
- Mix these properly
- Drink one glass of buttermilk
- Repeat once daily
13) Jaggery for Treating Heartburn
Jaggery is another home remedy to get rid of heartburn. Jaggery contains natural properties which help to treat the digestion problem and boosts the immune system. This natural home remedy will also protect you to generate the heartburn.
- Take piece of jaggery
- Consume this after 10 minutes of your meal
- Repeat this process daily
14) Oatmeal for Heartburn Treatment
Oatmeal is very popular breakfast recipe which is beneficial to treat the heartburn symptoms. Oatmeal contains high amount of fiber and minerals which help to regulate the digestive system and boost the immunity. Strong immune system is helpful to protect from various health problems including heartburn. You should include the oatmeal in your regular diet to keep yourself healthy.
- Take half cup oatmeal and 1 cup milk
- Cook oatmeal with milk
- Consume it as your breakfast
- Repeat this healthy breakfast once daily to get rid of heartburn and also for protecting burning and acidity problem
15) Rosemary for Heartburn Treatment Naturally
Rosemary is another natural home remedy to get rid of heartburn problem. Rosemary contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to treat the gastritis and acidity. In result rosemary is beneficial to get rid of heartburn symptoms.
- Take 1 teaspoon rosemary and 1 cup hot water
- Steep this herb in hot water for 10 minutes
- Strain this solution and drink
- Repeat this process twice in a day for fast relief from heartburn
In this post you have read all about 15 best natural home remedies to get rid of heartburn – causes of heartburn. You should also control on your diet and avoid the spicy foods. All these home remedies are easily available at home and there are not any side effects of these. You can use these natural remedies for treating your heartburn and also share this informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these remedies. Also please share this post on your facebook, twitter, send on whatsapp so that many other people can known about heartburn and its natural solution. Kindly post your comments in comment section.