Suffering with dehydration? Always feel thirsty? You are suffering with dehydration. We are listing 12 top natural home remedies for dehydration in this article. Dehydration is very common problem which occur with any age group. Dehydration can be happen when the body loses more water than it takes. This is not very serious health issue and can be treated easily. Just start reading below and use the given effective natural home remedies for treating dehydration.
What Is Dehydration?
First you should know what is dehydration? Dehydration is basically a condition when body becomes unable to retain liquid. This situation will affect the other body function. Keep reading below to know more about dehydration.
Causes Of Dehydration
- Excessive sweating
- Increased urination
Signs and Symptoms Of Dehydration
- Dark-colored urine
- dry mouth
- weakness in muscles
- Muscle cramps
- Extreme thirst
Best Home Remedies for Dehydration
1) Bananas for Dehydration
Banana is one of the best home remedy to treat the dehydration quickly. The main reason of dehydration is deficiency of potassium in the body. Bananas contain high potassium content that is helpful to maintain this level and treat dehydration effectively.
- Take 2 bananas
- Consume one banana before physical activity
- Repeat this twice in a day
2) Buttermilk for Dehydration
Another great and easy home remedy for dehydration is buttermilk. Buttermilk is also known as natural probiotic. It contains various minerals like potassium and magnesium which are very effective to control the dehydration situation.
- Take 1 cup buttermilk, half teaspoon ginger
- Mix both properly
- Drink this thrice in a day for best result
3) Barley Water for Dehydration
Barley water is a great natural home remedy to effectively treat the dehydration problem. This is very healthy drink rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. All these properties help restore the liquid and keep you hydrated.
- Take 1 cup barley, little honey, half lemon and 3 cup water
- Pour cup of barley in water
- Leave this mixture for half an hour
- Keep aside to be cool
- Strain and then mix lemon and honey in this
- Mix and drink thrice in a day.
4) Green Tea for Dehydration
Green tea is very popular remedy for weight loss. But this can also be very helpful to treat the dehydration. Green tea contains antioxidants property, several minerals such as potassium and magnesium which are effective to control the dehydration problem.
- Take 1 teaspoon green tea leaves, 1 cup of water and honey
- Steep green tea leaves with water for 15 minutes
- Then strain and drink this tea
- You can mix little honey for better taste
- Repeat this thrice in a day
5) Coconut Water for Dehydration
Coconut water is another effective natural home remedy to treat the dehydration. Coconut water contains the sodium and potassium that helps to get rid of dehydration problem fast.
- Take 1 glass coconut water
- Start drinking this water 5-6 times in a day
6) Cranberry Juice for Dehydration
Cranberry juice is the well known natural home remedy to treat the dehydration. Cranberry juice contains the high water content which is the best natural ways to treat dehydration effectively. It also full fills the requirement of sugar and salt which is lost during the dehydration.
- Take cranberry juice
- Start drinking 1 cup cranberry juice
- Do this twice in a day
7) Apple Juice for Dehydration
Apples juice is a good natural ingredient which is helpful to treat the dehydration. Apple juice contains the magnesium, potassium in rich amount which are effectively work to treat the dehydration.
- Take an apple and half glass water
- Blend this apple with water
- Prepare the juice
- Drink this apple juice
- Repeat his twice in a day
8) Orange Juice for Dehydration
Another fruit juice which is helpful to get rid of dehydration is the orange juice. Oranges contains various vitamins, minerals, potassium and magnesium which are helpful to control the dehydration. It will helpful to balance the electrolyte level in your body.
- Take orange juice
- Drink one glass orange juice twice in a day
- Do it before and after workout
9) Lemon juice for Dehydration
Lemon juice is very good and popular juice which helps to overcome dehydration by restoring the potassium, sodium, and magnesium levels in your body. This is very easy to prepare at home.
- Take lemon, honey and 1 glass water
- Cut the lemon and squeeze half lemon in a glass of water
- Mix the honey in this for better taste
- Drink this juice thrice in a day
11) Yogurt for Dehydration
Yogurt is an easily available home remedy which is helpful for treating the several health and skin problem. Yogurt is very rich source of electrolytes which helps to restore the electrolytes level which is lost during dehydration problem.
- Take yogurt and little salt
- Mix the salt in the yogurt properly
- Consume this effective remedy
- Repeat this twice in a day for best result
12) Epsom Salt Bath for Dehydration
Epsom salt is rich in magnesium which is very good to recover from the dehydration and its symptoms. This is also safe for the children. Do not use this remedy to the infants below 1 year.
- Take 1 cup Epsom salt and 1 tub water
- Mix epsum salt in this water
- Relax in the bath
- Do it for 15 minutes
- Repeat this thrice in a week
12) Pickle Juice for Dehydration
Pickle juice is also very good home remedy to treat the dehydration. When you sweat in excess amount then you lose the sodium and potassium from your body. This is the main reason of dehydration. If you drink the pickle juice the it can be give immediate relief from the muscle cramp due to dehydration. Pickle juice contains sodium so It can be great remedy for treating the dehydration.
- Take pickle juice
- Drink one cup pickle juice
- Do it before and after the workout
- Repeat once in a day
Some Preventive Tips for Dehydration
You should also be aware with the some preventing tips while suffering with the dehydration.
- 1) Drink plenty of water
- 2) Consume watermelon and strawberry
- 3) Take electrolyte sports drink
- 4) Avoid alcohol and smoking
- 5) Intake healthy diet with rich water content like cucumber, papaya etc
In this post you have gone through with the 12 top natural home remedies for dehydration and some prevention tips. Follow these and be healthy. Please share with your friends so that they can also be aware with these natural home remedies for treating dehydration.