Women go through that phase of the month when we have to deal with back pain, bloated stomach,mood swings, cramps, and other discomforts. The menstrual period can last from 3 to 7 days due to health, lifestyle, diet and other factors.
If you are planning for vocation then definitely you will want to reduce the length of menstrual period. There are many ways to reduce the length of your period. Always consult your doctor first, but if you need a few quick tips about how to stop your period, read on. With these methods you can also reduce the discomfort of menstrual period.
Applying heat is the most effective method to reduce the length of menstrual period. It helps to encourages menstrual fluids to leave your body faster, this makes period length shorter.
- Take a heating pad or hot water bottle.
- Place it on your lower abdomen.
- Keep it for 5 to 10 minutes on your lower abdomen.
- Repeat this method for thrice in a day.
- Alternatively you can take shower with hot water thrice in a day.
- These method effectively reduce the length of menstrual period
Massage with Oil
Massaging is another effective way to short the menstrual period. Massage with oil helps relaxing uterine contraction and divert blood from uterus. This method can stop period early. Massage with oil also help to deal with discomforts of cramps and bloating.
- Take few drop clary sage oil, lavender oil and 3 teaspoon of lavender oil.
- Mix all these oils well.
- Massage gently the abdominal and pelvic areas.
- Make sure the oil absorbed into the skin.
- Repeat thrice in a day until period is over.
Ginger is one of the best natural remedy which can be used in several health problems. Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce the production of prostaglandin. Drinking ginger infused water is helpful to reduce the length of your period.
- Take two tablespoon of crushed pieces of ginger.
- Soak it in one cup of water for 15 minutes.
- Add two teaspoon honey in this ginger-infused water.
- Mix this well and drink this warm juice.
- You need to drink trice in a day during period.
- This method helps to stop your period early.
Drink Raspberry Tea
Raspberry tea is also very effective way to stop the period early. Raspberry is rich in astringent properties. This astringent properties works as a uterine stimulant and it stimulates uterine contractions which improves the menstrual flow out of the uterus. Drinking raspberry tea is also reduce the painful menstrual cramps.
- Take few raspberry leaves and boil these leaves in 2 cups of water.
- Keep it on low heat for 15 minutes for boil.
- Turn off the heat after 15 minutes and keep this to be cool.
- Strain this and drink it.
- Drink a cup of raspberry tea thrice on the first day of your menstrual period.
Drink Plenty of Fluids
Fluids such as water or fruit juices will help to reduce the length of menstrual period. Drinking plenty of fluids also help to reduce discomforts of period as well as bloating and cramp.
You can drink a lot of water. Also drinking green tea, fruit and vegetable juices, and coconut water are also effective options to increase your fluid intake.
One more important tips that you should stay away from caffeine and alcohol. Avoid hot and spicy food during your menstrual period.