Headaches are the very common problems. It can be affect to any one, men, women, children etc. Some time headache can be very serious and unbearable. You can easily find out the medicine of headache in the chemist shop. But you should also try out the some effective home remedies to treat headache. These natural home remedies are very beneficial and without any side effects. We are listing 10 effective home remedies to treat headache.
Keep reading to know more about causes of headache, symptoms of headache, and types of headache and treatment of headache. There are many people take pain killer immediately but that can be harmful. There are many natural remedies available which can be treat headache instantly.
Types of Headache
- Tension Headaches
- Migraine Headaches
- Cluster Headaches
Causes of Headache
- Physiological Changes in Head
- Lack of Water
- Eye Strain
- Neck Strain
- Constriction of Blood Vessels
- Abnormal Neuron Activity
- Genetic Reason
1) Ginger to Treat Headache
Ginger is one of the best natural home remedies to treat the headache. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory property that can be helpful to reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in your head which provides quick relief from headache.
- Take ginger juice and lemon juice
- Mix these properly in equal amount
- Drink this solution 1-2 times
- Alternatively prepare the ginger pester and apply on your forehead for 5 minutes.
- This process can be helpful to reduce the headache
2) Mint Juice to Treat Headache
Mint juice is another natural home remedy to reduce the headache. Mint juice contains menthol and methane that can be very effective to treat the headache problem. Use this amazing natural ingredient as given method to deal with headache.
- Take Mint leaves
- Extract the juice from these leaves
- Apply mint juice on your forehead
- Alternatively you can place the mint tea on forehead which is also effective to reduce the headache
3) Peppermint Oil to Treat Headache
Peppermint oil is the good natural home remedy to reduce the headache. Peppermint oil contains menthol which is very effective to open clogged blood vessels and provide you the instant relief from headache.
- Take Peppermint Oil, 1 tablespoon almond oil
- Mix these properly
- Now massage with this mixture on your forehead
- Alternatively you can add few drop peppermint oil in boil water and inhale the steam
- These above methods will be helpful to treat the headache quickly
Basil to Treat Headache
Basil is well known natural home remedy to reduce the headache. Basil is the natural muscle relaxant that can be helpful to treat the tension headache and give you calming feel. Use this magical remedy as given below and get rid of headache problem.
- Take few basil leaves and honey
- Boil these in a cup of water for few minutes
- Then add honey in this water
- Drink this solution slowly as a tea
Alternatively you can chew some basil leaves or give the massage on forehead with basil oil that can be helpful to provide instant relief from headache.
5) Lavender Oil to Treat Headache
Another very good natural treatment option of headache is lavender oil. Lavender oil contains smelling the soothing scent which is helpful to provide relief from the tension headaches and migraine headache as well.
- Take few drops of lavender essential oil
- Put these on tissue paper and inhale this
- Alternatively mix the few drops lavender oil in boil water and inhale the steam
- Or mix lavender oil and few drops almond oil; give the massage on forehead with this solution
6) Ice Pack to Treat Headache
Cooling feature is also one of the best solutions to reduce the headache. Ice can be helpful to reduce the inflammation and provide relief from headache. Ice also reduces the muscle pain as well.
- Take ice pack
- Apply on the back of neck to reduce the migraine headache
- Place the wet cloth in the ice water on your forehead for few minutes
- These methods can provide the quick relief from the headache
7) Cloves to Treat Headache
Cloves are other great ingredients to reduce the headache problem. Cloves contain pain-relieving and cooling properties that can be helpful to reduce the tension headaches. Use the cloves as given step by step method to deal with headache problem.
- Take few cloves
- Crush these and put on the tissue paper
- Start inhaling the smell that helps to instantly reduce the headache
- Alternatively mix cloves oil and coconut oil and give the massage on forehead to get the relief from headache
8) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Headache
Apple Cider Vinegar is very popular natural home remedy to treat the several health problems and skin problems as well. ACV is also one of the best natural ingredients to treat the headache. Apple Cider Vinegar can helpful to balance the acid and alkaline levels which is the beneficial to provide relief from headaches.
- Take 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix this in 1 glass of water
- Drink this solution and get the relief from headache
9) Cold and Hot Compresses to Treat Headache
Cold and hot compress, both is the helpful and easy method to reduce the headache problem. You can use any of these as per your convenient.
- Tale the cold or hot compress
- Apply this on back of neck or forehead
- Cold compress helps to reduce inflammation
- Hot compresses help to warmth through the entire head
- In both situations you will get the relief from headache
10) Drink plenty of water to Treat Headache
This is last home remedy to treat the headache of this article but drinking plenty of water is most amazing and beneficial solution to provide instant relief from the headache. Drinking water is not only helpful for headache but it is also very helpful to treat various health, skin and hair problems as well
- Take the water
- Start drinking several times throughout the day
- You should at least drink the 6 liter of water in a day
In this post you have gone through with 10 effective home remedies to treat headache. Please share this post to your friends so that they can also know about these effective remedies and find the solution of headache.