What Is A Urinary Tract Infection? How to treat UTI naturally? In this article we are listing top 16 best home remedies for UTI (urinary tract infection) – causes and symptoms. Urinary tract infection is a very common health problem now days. UTI is more common in women than men. Most common triggers of UTI are pregnancy, menopause, holding urine for long periods, etc. Sometime UTI is very painful. UTI is generally occurring because of bacterial, fungal, or viral infection. Some time infections affects to your kidneys. Keep reading to know more about urinary tract infection symptoms, causes and treatment.
Common symptoms of UTI in adults
- Pain during urination
- Burning Sensation during urination
- Strong feeling of urinating but passing small amounts of urine
- Muscle Aches
- Abdominal Pain
- Cloudy Urine
- Red or bright pink urine
- Smelling urine
Causes of UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- Fungi, virus and bacteria
- Holding Urine for long time
- coli bacterium
Effective Home Remedies for UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
1) Apple Cider Vinegar for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular natural home remedy to treat the UTI. ACV is rich in essential enzymes and nutrients like potassium which is helpful to kill the bacteria cause for UTI. ACV contains acetic acid that is beneficial to promotes the good bacteria growth and get rid of bad bacteria.
- Take 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, half lemon and 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix all these properly
- Consume this drink
- Repeat this twice in a day
2) Clove Oil for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Cloves oil is another home remedy to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection. Clove oil contains antimicrobial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. All these properties are helpful to reduce the inflammation, pain and control the infections. In result it can be helpful to treat the UTI effectively.
3) Yogurt for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Yogurt is the easy and simple home remedy for treating the UTI – urinal tract infection. Yogurt contains robotic that helps to kill the bad bacteria and improve the growth of good bacteria.
- Take Fresh Plain yogurt
- Consume a bowl of yogurt
- Do this after your every meal
- Repeat this daily or include yogurt in your daily diet
4) Garlic for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Garlic is the well known natural ingredient to treat the UTI. Garlic is also used to treat the several other health and skin problems as well. Garlic contains antimicrobial properties that help to kill the bacteria and fungus which are responsible for the UTI.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic
- Wrap these garlic cloves in medicated gauze
- Now insert this into vagina
- Leave it for 2 hours
- Then remove this clove
- Wash and make it dry
- Repeat this effective process thrice in a day
5) Baking Soda for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Baking soda is again here with many properties to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection. Baking soda is alkaline in nature and helpful to neutralize the acidity of urine. Less acidic urine will give less pain and inflammation during urination.
- Take 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 glass water
- Mix these properly
- Drink this effective mixture
- Repeat this thrice in a day
6) Goldenseal for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Goldenseal contains barbering that helps to prevents bacteria from sticking the urethral walls and helps to treat the UTI.
- Take Goldenseal capsules or liquid extract
- Consume it after prescribed by doctor
- This will be provide relief from UTI pain and inflammation
7) Tea Tree Oil for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Tea tree oil is also one of the best natural home remedy to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection. Tea tree oil contains antibacterial, antibiotic properties that help to kill the bacteria caused for UTI.
- Take few drops of tea tree oil and bath tub filled with warm water
- Mix the tree tea oil in the bath tub
- Soak in this water for half an hour
- Repeat this process twice in a day
8) Uva Ursi for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Uva ursi is a very popular natural home remedy that helps to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection. Uva ursine contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which are beneficial for treating UTI infection.
- Take dried uva ursi leaves
- Soak these leaves in water for overnight
- Mix these leaves with tea and drink
- Repeat this twice in a day
9) Green Tea for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Green tea is most popular remedy for weight loss but it can also very helpful to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection. Green tea contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacteria responsible for UTI and treat the symptoms of UTI.
- Take 1 green tea bag and 1 cup of hot water
- Brew cup of green tea
- Drink this two times in a day
10) Vitamin C for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Vitamin C is another efficient home remedy to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection. If you are suffering from UTI then you should consume the vitamin c richer foods like oranges, berries, leafy greens, and bell peppers etc. These are helpful to provide relief from UTI symptoms.
- Take Vitamin C-rich foods
- Consume these daily in your regular diet
11) Lemon Juice for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Lemon juice is also very effective natural home remedy to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection. Lemon juice contains bactericidal and fungicidal properties that are beneficial to remove the symptoms of UTI. Antioxidant property of lemon juice also helps to clear the infections caused by UTI.
- Take half teaspoon lemon juice and 1 cup of warm water
- Mix this properly
- Drink in the morning with empty stomach
- Repeat this process daily for fast treatment of UTI
12) Parsley Tea for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Parsley Tea which contains the rich anti-inflammatory properties that is helpful to reduce the inflammation and pain caused by UTI. Prepare the parsley tea at home and consume to get rid of UTI problems.
- Take 2 bunches parsley and 4 cups water
- Chop the parsley leaves
- Brew these with water for 20 minutes
- Strain this mixture and drink
- Repeat this tea for twice in a day
13) Coconut Oil for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Coconut oil is well known natural oil which is used to treat the several health and skin related problems. Coconut oil contains antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiprotzoal properties that are effectively beneficial to treat the UTI – urinary tract infection.
- Take 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Consume this in a day
- You should also increase this in your diet
- Repeat daily till UTI gone
14) Pineapple for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Pineapple is very effective and beneficial fruit that helps to treat the UTI. Pineapple contains brome lain enzyme and antibiotic properties that help to treat the UTI effectively.
- Take 1 cup pineapple juice
- Drink this effective juice
- Repeat once in a day for few weeks
15) Blueberry Juice for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Blueberry Juice is another effective and beneficial fruit juice that helps to treat the UTI. Blueberry contains proanthocyanidins that helps to prevent the E.coli bacteria which is most responsible for the UTI. Antioxidant property of blueberry helps to reduce the symptoms and treat UTI.
- Take Blueberries
- Extract the fresh juice
- Drink this effective juice
- Repeat this juice once daily for fast relief from UTI
16) Drink Water for UTI (urinary tract infection)
Drinking plenty of water is very effective home remedy for many health and skin issues. Water is also beneficial to treat the UTI effectively and provide the relief from inflammation and burning sensation caused by UTI. Drinking water is very easy and simple home remedy for treating urinary tract infection.
- Take Water
- Start drinking plenty of water throughout the day
In this post you have read about top 16 best home remedies for UTI (urinary tract infection) – causes and symptoms. All these home remedies are easily available and without side effects. Please share this post to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantages of these remedies for UTI and this informative post.