What are clogged ears? What are the causes of clogged ears? How to unblock the clogged ears naturally? In this article we are listing 8 effective home remedies for unblock clogged ears – causes, symptoms and prevention tips. Ears are one of the most important sense organs which we should do the proper care. I am sure you have experienced the clogged ears during your flight trip. People feel irritation and pain due to the clogged ears. But now you no need to worry, we are listing the best 8 effective ways to deal with the clogged ears.
Common Causes of Clogged Ears
- Ear Infection
- Earwax Impaction
- Cotton inside the ear
- Swimmer’s Ear
Signs and Symptoms of Clogged Ears
- Ringing in ears
- Decreased hearing
- Cough Muffled hearing
- Ear pain
- Sensation of pressure in ears
Effective Home Remedies for Cleaning Clogged Ears
1) Apple Cider Vinegar to Clean Clogged Ears
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural home remedies to unblock the clogged ears. Apple cider vinegar has acetic acid that helps to heal chronic supportive obits media. Apple cider vinegar contains antimicrobial properties which is beneficial to cure cold or flu as well.
- Take 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, dropper and 1 tablespoon of distilled water
- Properly mix apple cider vinegar with distilled water
- Pour the few drops of this mixture in affected ears by dropper
- Then cover your ear with cotton ball
- Sit for 5 minutes with tilt head in opposite side
- Now remove the cotton
- Repeat twice in a day
2) Tea Tree Essential Oil to Clean the Clogged Ears
Tea tree essential oil is another very effective natural home remedy to clean the clogged ears. Tea tree essential oil contains anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce the inflammation of the ears. Antimicrobial properties of tea tree essential oil can be helpful to treat the infections of ears and unblock the clogged ears.
- Take few drops of tea tree oil, hot water and large bowl
- Mix tea tree oil with hot water
- Facing your affected ear towards the steam and cover with towel
- Keep doing this process for 5-6 minutes
- Repeat twice in a day
3) Vicks VapoRub to Unblock the Clogged Ears
Vicks VapoRub is one of the easiest ways to clean the clogged ears. Vicks Vaporub contains menthol and eucalyptus oil which containanti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. All these properties are helpful to clear clogged ears.
- Take Vicks VapoRub
- Apply this behind the affected ear and leave for overnight
- Repeat this process thrice in a day for quick relief
4) Hydrogen Peroxide to Clean Clogged Ears
Hydrogen peroxide is effective home remedy to treat the clogged ears problem. Cerumenolytic helped in softening the earwax and remove easily. Use of this is beneficial to unblock the clogged ears.
- Take 1 tablespoon 3% hydrogen peroxide, dropper and 1 tablespoon of distilled water
- Mix these properly
- Pour the 3 drops in affected ears by droppers
- Leave it in for 5 minutes
- Repeat once in a day
5) Mineral Oil to Clean the Clogged Ears
Mineral oil is very simple and easy natural way to clean the clogged ears. Use the below give steps and treat the ear clogged problems easily. Earwax can also remove by mineral water.
- Take Mineral oil, tissue and dropper
- Pour 2-3 drops of mineral water in the affected ear by dropper
- Tilt head and leave it in for 5 minutes
- Repeat 3 times in a day
(6) Warm Compress to Clean the Clogged Ears
Warm compress is also very good meted to clean the clogged ears. Warm compress is also beneficial to reduce the inflammation and pain caused by clogged ears. With this method earwax can also be removed.
- Take warm compress
- Apply it below affected ear
- Leave it for 5 minutes
- Repeat this process twice in a day
7) Gargle Salt Water to Clean the Clogged Ears
Gargling with water can be helpful to prevent the upper respiratory infections which are the way to treat the symptoms of nasal congestion and clogged ears. Cold and flu infections can also be cure with this.
- Take 1 teaspoon of table salt and 1 glass of warm water
- Mix both properly
- Gargle with this solution
- Repeat this 4-5 times in a day
8) Passive Techniques to Clean the Clogged Ears
Yawning – Yawning helps to clean the clogged ears by clearing the pressure inside your ears.
Swallowing – Swallowing is also another good technique to clean the clogged ears.
Chewing Gum – Chewing gum is very easy way to clear the clogged ears.
Important Prevention Tips to Prevent Clogged Ears
- Avoid cotton swabs to clean ear
- Avoid candling to remove earwax
- Consume plenty of fluids
- Keep nasal passage moist
- Remove water entered in your ears
- Clear the excess wax
You have read all about 8 natural home remedies to unblock the clogged ears – causes, symptoms and prevention tips. All these methods are very easy and effective to unblock the clogged ears. Please share this informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of this post. Also please share on wahtsapp, facebook and twitter as well. Please leae your valuable comments in the comment section.