What is bad breath? How to get rid of bad breath? In this article we are listing 16 best natural home remedies to treat bad breath -causes and symptoms of bad breath. You can feel very embarrassing and unpleasant situation in front of any one due to bad breath. But now you do not need to worry because we are here to help you with the best selected natural solution to treat the bad breath problem. Bad breath is medically known as halitosis. There are many reasons of bad breath. Keep reading to know more about these.
Common Causes Bad Breath or Halitosis
- Foods such as onion and garlic
- Food debris in the teeth and tongue
- Low crab diet
- Improper brushing
- Dry mouth
- Lung infection
- Gum disease
- Teeth cavities
- Tobacco and cigarettes
- Acid reflux
Best Effective Natural Home Remedies for Bad Breath
1) Apple Cider Vinegar for Bad Breath
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural home remedy to treat the bad breath. Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial properties which help to reduce the halitosis or bad breath. ACV can be beneficial to restore the pH balance in your mouth as well.
- Take apple cider vinegar and 1 glass of cold water
- Mix 2 tablespoon of ACV in water
- Mix properly and gargle with this solution for 5 minutes
- Rinse mouth with normal water
- Repeat this process twice, once in morning and once before going to bed
2) Activated Charcoal for Bad Breath
Activated charcoal is also effective home remedy to treat the bad breath. Impurities in mouth and bacteria are also the reason of bad breath. Activated charcoal is beneficial to to clean the impurities of mouth and kills harmful bacteria.
- Take half teaspoon activated charcoal
- Brush your teeth with activated charcoal
- Then rinse off mouth with normal water properly
- Repeat this process 3-4 times in a week
3) Coconut Oil for Bad Breath
Coconut oil is great natural oil to treat the bad breath problem. Swishing with coconut oil is very effective technique to get rid of harmful bacteria from mouth. Coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Take 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- Swish with this for 5 minutes
- Then spit this out
- Now rinse off your mouth with lukewarm water
- Repeat this process once daily
4) Epsom Salt for Bad Breath
Epsom salt is well known home remedy to treat the bad breath. Epsom salt contains natural antibacterial properties that help to kill the oral bacteria and get rid of odor in the mouth.
- Take 1 teaspoon Epsom salt and 1 glass of lukewarm water
- Mix these properly and gargle for 2-3 minutes
- Repeat once daily
5) Eucalyptus Oil for Bad Breathing
Eucalyptus oil is another effective natural oil to get rid of bad breath. This oil is helpful to kill the bacteria in your mouth which are responsible for mouth odor. Eucalyptus oil contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help to reduce pain or swelling in mouth.
- Take 1 cup water and few drops eucalyptus oil
- Mix these properly and gargle for 5 minutes
- Then rinse your mouth with normal water properly
- Repeat this process once in a day
6) Fennel Seeds for Bad Breath
Fennel seeds are effective and beneficial natural ingredient to treat the bad breath. Fennel seeds are beneficial to get rid of infections causing bad breath or odor of mouth.
- Take 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Start chewing fennel seeds
- Consume these as well
- Repeat once in a day
7) Ginger for Bad Breath
Ginger is very well known natural home remedy for bad breath treatment. Ginger is also popular natural ingredient to treat the various health and skin related problems. Ginger contains antimicrobial properties that help to get rid of bad odor and other oral infections.
- Take 1 teaspoon ginger juice and 1 glass of warm water
- Mix these properly
- Rinse your mouth with this natural solution
- Repeat this once daily after your meal
8) Green Tea for Bad Breath
Green tea is well known natural drink for weight loss but it is also very beneficial to get rid of bad breath problem or halitosis. Antibacterial property of green tea helps to treat the bacterial infection causing bad breath.
- Take 1 green tea bag and 1 cup of hot water
- Steep the tea bag for 3-4 minutes
- You can mix little honey for better taste
- Mix properly and consume this green tea
- Repeat this thrice in a day
9) Grapefruit Seed Extract for Bad Breath
Grapefruit seed extract is great natural home remedy to treat the bad breath. This natural fruit is beneficial to get rid of bacteria causing bad breath or bad odor.
- Take few drops grapefruit seed extract
- Put some grapefruit seed extract on toothbrush
- Gently rub this brush on your teeth
- Then rinse teeth with clean normal water
- Repeat this once in a day
10) Parsley for Bad Breath
Parsley is effective home remedy to get rid of bad breath naturally. Parsley is also useful to keep your digestion healthy. Anti-bacterial property of parsley will help to get rid of bacteria causing bad breath.
- Take few fresh parsley leaves
- Start chewing fresh leaves
- Repeat this effective leaves regularly with your diet
11) Lemon Juice and Yogurt for Bad Breath
Lemon juice and yogurt combination is very effective natural home remedy to treat the bad breath problem. Lemon juice contains antibacterial property and helps removing the bacteria causing bad odor of mouth. Yogurt contains good bacteria which help to restore the balance in your oral cavity.
- Take 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Mix both ingredients properly
- Apply the mixture on your teeth
- Leave it for 5 minutes
- Rinse off your mouth
- Repeat 3-4 times in a week or when required
12) Salt Water for Bad Breath
Salt water is easiest and simple home remedy to treat the bad breath problem. Salt water solution helps to balance pH level and cleanses also. Antimicrobial property of salt water helps to kill the bacteria responsible for bad breath.
- Take 1 teaspoon table salt and 1 glass of lukewarm water
- Mix this properly and gargle with this
- Repeat this process twice in a day
13) Tea Tree Oil for bad Breath
Tea tree oil is very effective natural oil that helps to get rid of bad breath. Tea tree oil contains antioxidant and antibacterial properties that help to kill the bacteria and get rid of bad breath.
- Take 2-3 drops tea tree oil and 1 glass tepid water
- Mix properly and gargle for 5 minutes
- Repeat this once daily
14) Guava for Bad Breath
Guava is very tasty and healthy fruit. Guava contains vitamin C, tannic acid, malic acid, and oxalate which are very effective to treat various health problems. Guava works as good natural remedy to treat the bleeding and diseased gums, bad breath, and sensitive teeth etc.
- Take unripe guava
- Consume guava daily
- It will help to keep you healthy and get rid of bad odor of mouth
15) Cinnamon and Honey for Bad Breath
Cinnamon and honey combination is also very effective home remedy to get rid of bad breath. Cinnamon and honey contain antimicrobial properties that help to get rid of bacteria and mouth bad odor as well. If you include lemon in this combination then it becomes more effective to deal with bad breath.
- Take half tablespoon cinnamon powder, 1 tablespoons honey, 2 lemons and 1 cup of hot water
- Extract the lemon juice and add the cinnamon powder and honey with this
- Now pour the hot water over this
- Mix all these properly
- Take 2 tablespoons of this mixture and rinse your mouth
- Repeat this twice in a day
16) Sesame Oil for Bad Breath
Sesame oil is effective and beneficial oil that helps to get rid of bad breath problem. It also beneficial to improve the dental health.
- Take 1 tablespoon sesame oil and lukewarm water
- Swish with this oil around your mouth for 2-3 minutes
- Then spit it out and gargle with lukewarm water properly
- Repeat this once daily in morning
In this post you have read about 16 best natural home remedies to treat bad breath – causes and symptoms of bad breath. You can use any of these as all are easily available at your home. Please share this post to your friends and known ones so that they can also know about these remedies and take the advantage of these to get rid of bad breath or odor of mouth.