How to stop runny nose? In this article we are listing 10 best natural home remedies to stop runny nose – causes, symptoms and prevention tips of runny nose. Runny nose is also known as rhinorrhea. Runny nose is very annoying situation and embarrassing. Here we are listing very effective home remedies for runny nose. All these remedies are well known and proven to treat the runny nose. These remedies are totally safe for kids and adult both. So now you do not need to worry about runny nose problem, keep reading and use any of them to stop your runny nose.
- Causes of Runny Nose
- Common cold
Signs and Symptoms of Runny Nose
- Excess mucus
- Facial pain
- Sore throat
- Ear infection
How to Stop a Runny Nose
1) Salt Water for Runny Nose
Salt water is one of the easiest and simple home remedies to stop the runny nose. Salt water helps to thin down the mucus, which make it easier to expel it quicker. Use of salt water can be helpful to clear the nasal pass effectively.
- Take 1 tablespoon salt, dropper and 2 cups warm water
- Mix salt with warm water
- Pour some drops in nose by dropper
- Repeat this 4-5 times in a day to stop runny nose quickly
2) Steam for Runny Nose
Steam is another simple and effective way to stop the runny nose. Steam is helpful to breaks down the mucus that gives you the stuffy nose feeling. Inhaling the steam can be beneficial to stop runny nose very fast.
- Take bowl of hot water and large towel
- Hold the towel over head
- Inhale the steam for 10 minutes
- Blow your nose
- Repeat this process 3-4 times in a day
3) Ginger for Runny Nose
Ginger is very popular home remedy that helps to stop runny nose. Ginger contains antioxidants, antiviral and anti fungal properties which are very effective to treat the runny nose problems.
- Take Ginger and Salt
- Grate gingers and mix little salt
- Start chewing this
- Alternatively you can also drink the ginger tea o
- Repeat 3-4 times in a day
4) Garlic for Runny Nose
Garlic is another well known natural home remedy to stop the runny nose. Garlic helps to warm-up your body and provides relief from a runny nose. Garlic contains antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties which are helpful to kill the microbes causing runny nose.
- Take garlic cloves
- Chew the garlic clove
- Repeat 4-5 times in a day to get fast relief from runny nose symptoms
5) Turmeric for Runny Nose
Turmeric is very effective home remedy to stop the runny nose. Turmeric contains antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties which are beneficial to loosen the mucus and make you feel less irritable because of runny nose.
- Take 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 cup linseed oil
- Soak the turmeric powder in linseed oil
- Start inhaling smoke
- Repeat this process 2-3 times a day
6) Eucalyptus Oil for Runny Nose
Eucalyptus oil is very effective natural oil that helps to stop runny nose quickly. Eucalyptus oil contains antiviral and antimicrobial properties which are beneficial to treat the cold symptoms and stop the runny nose.
- Take Eucalyptus oil
- Dab a few drops of eucalyptus oil on clean hanky
- Start inhaling it does this throughout the day
7) Apple Cider Vinegar for Runny Nose
Apple cider vinegar is good and very well known natural home remedy to treat the runny nose problem. Apple cider vinegar contains antibacterial and antiviral properties which are helpful to treat the runny nose. Apple cider vinegar is helpful to reduce the allergic reaction.
- Take 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey and half teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1 glass of warm water
- Mix all these properly
- Consume this effective solution
- Repeat this twice in a day to get quick relief from runny nose and cold
8) Honey and Lemon for Runny Nose
Honey and lemon both are very effective natural home remedies to treat the runny nose and cold symptoms as well. Honey contains antimicrobial property and lemon contains antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which are helpful to treat the cold symptoms and reduce the inflammation of nasal pass.
- Take 1 tablespoon honey, 4 drops fresh lemon juice and 1 glass of lukewarm water
- Mix all these properly
- Drink this effective solution
- Repeat twice in a day for instant relief from cold and runny nose
9) Mustard Oil for Runny Nose
Mustard oil is effective and easily available home remedy to treat the runny nose. Mustard oil contains antibiotic and antiviral properties which help to eliminate the cold and provide relieve from runny nose symptoms.
- Take Mustard oil
- Heat a tablespoon mustard oil
- Gently pour 1-2 drops in your nose
- Repeat this two times, once in morning and once in night
10) Neti Pot for Runny Nose
Neti pot is very effective way to clear mucus from nose. Neti pot is the method which requires the practice. This is the way which helps effectively to treat the runny nose.
- Take neti pot and saline solution
- Add the solution to the neti pot
- Now pour this neti pot through one nose and out from other
Important Preventive Tip to Avoid Runny Nose
- Stay away from allergens
- Cover your nose, mouth, and neck while going outdoors
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Drink plenty of water
- Consume healthy diet
In this article you have read all about 10 best natural home remedies to stop runny nose – causes, symptoms and prevention tips of runny nose. These remedies are totally safe for kids and adult both. These home remedies are very effective for treating cold symptoms and runny nose as well. Please share this informative article to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these popular natural methods to treat the cold and runny nose. Also kindly share on facebook, twitter and whatsapp. Leave your valuable comments and feedback in the comment section.