What is vaginal odor? What the causes, symptoms and treatment of vaginal odor? In this article we are listing 18 best natural home remedies for vaginal odor – causes and symptoms of vaginal odor. Vaginal odor is very common problem of women and teenage girls. Mucus membrane of the vagina, uterus, and cervix produce whitish fluid which is called vaginal discharge. Vaginal discharge is the smelly discharge or excessive discharge. No need to worry about this problem, keep reading to know more for gets rid of vaginal odor with home remedies.
Common Symptoms of Vaginal Odor
- Excessive white discharge
- Smelling discharge
- Thick discharge
- Fishy smell
- Yellow discharge
- Itching in vagina
- Pain in vagina
- Pain in lower abdomen
Common Causes of Vaginal Odor
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Transmitted infections Bacterial infections
- Change in estrogen levels due to pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Using too much soap in the vaginal area
- Best Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor and White Discharge
1) Pineapple for Vaginal Odor
Pineapple is very effective natural home remedy to get rid of vaginal odor. Pineapple contains high sugar and high enzyme which helps to improves the odor of vaginal discharge.
- Take Pineapple
- Eat pineapple fruit daily
- You can also drink pineapple juice on regular basis
- Repeat one glass of juice daily
2) Hydrogen Peroxide for Vaginal Odor
Hydrogen Peroxide is another ingredient with the disinfecting properties which helps to kill the bad bacteria present in vagina. It also helps to improve the presence of good bacteria.
- Take 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tampon
- Mix hydrogen peroxide with equal water
- Now dip tampon in this mixture
- Insert this into vagina
- Leave it in for 15 minutes
- Repeat this process 3-4 times in a day to remove the vaginal odor
3) Vitamin C with Rose Hips for Vaginal Odor
Vitamin C is a very good and effective to get rid of vaginal odor. Vitamin C helps to boost your immunity which is beneficial to remove the harmful toxins from your body. Rosehip is also effective to treat the vaginal bacteria and in result it treats the vaginal discharge and odor.
- Take Vitamin C tablet, 1 tampon and Rose hip powder
- Crush the vitamin C tablet
- Mix this with half teaspoon rose hip powder and 2 ounces water
- Prepare the proper mixture
- Now dip a tampon in this mixture
- Insert into your vagina
- Leave in for half an hour
- Repeat this once daily
4) Vinegar for Vaginal Odor
Vinegar is also important natural home remedy to treat the vaginal odor. Vinegar helps to remove the toxins causing fishy vaginal odor. Vinegar contains antibacterial properties which help to kill the bacteria causes’ vaginal odor.
- Take 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Mix two cups apple cider vinegar in bathwater
- Soak in this for half an hour
- Alternatively you can also mix 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar in one glass of water and drink
- Repeat this once daily
5) Chlorophyll for Vaginal Odor
Chlorophyll is another solution to get rid of vaginal odor. Chlorophyll is the thing which helps to the plant for preparing the food. So it will also be effective for your vaginal odor. Use this as describe below.
- Take chlorophyll tablet
- Consume one chlorophyll tablet with water in the night and one in the morning
- Repeat this daily to get rid of your vaginal odor
6) Betel Leaves for Vaginal Odor
Betel leaves or you can say paan is also very effective natural home remedy to get rid of vaginal odor. Betel leaves extract contains antibacterial properties which is effective to treat the vaginal discharge or vaginal odor.
- Take few betel leaves and tampon
- Tear betel leaves into small pieces
- Boil them for 5 minutes
- Keep aside to keep cool
- Now dip the tampon in this liquid
- Insert it into the vagina
- Leave it in for half an hour
- Repeat this process once daily for 5-6 days
7) Garlic for Vaginal Odor
Garlic is very popular natural home remedy to treat the vaginal odor effectively. Garlic contains anti-bacterial and anti-infection properties which help to kill the bacteria responsible for vaginal odor.
- Take garlic clove, string and cheesecloth
- Peel the garlic clove
- Wrap this in square of cheesecloth
- Now attach a small string to it
- Gently insert it into the vagina
- Leave it for overnight
- In the morning remove this
- Repeat once at night for few days
8) Yogurt for Vaginal Odor
Yogurt is easy and simple natural home remedy to get rid of vaginal odor. Yeast infection is the main reason of vaginal odor. Yogurt contains good bacteria which help to treat the yeast infections and get rid of vaginal odor. Yogurt is also helpful to restore the pH of the vagina.
- Take half teaspoons of yogurt and 1 tampon
- Dip the tampon in yogurt
- Gently insert it into vagina
- Leave it in for 1 hour
- Remove this and wash properly
- Also you should include the yogurt in your daily diet
9) Fenugreek for Vaginal Odor
Fenugreek seeds are one of the best natural ingredients to treat the vaginal odor. Fenugreek contains vitamins and minerals which helps to balances the female hormones and in result get rid of vaginal odor.
- Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and 1 liter water
- Boil the fenugreek seeds in water till quantity of water reduce to half
- Keep it to be cool
- Drink this before breakfast
- Repeat once daily in the morning
10) Cranberry for Vaginal Odor
Cranberries are very effective natural home remedy to treat the vaginal odor. Cranberries contain antibacterial properties which help to kill the bacteria causing vaginal odor. Cranberry juice is amazing remedy to treat the urinary tract infection (UTI). Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of cranberry help to reduce foul vaginal odor.
- Take 1 cup fresh cranberries and 1 liter water
- Soak these cranberries in the water for overnight
- Start drinking this water throughout the day
- Also blend these and extract the juice
- Drink this on regular basis
11) Neem for Vaginal Odor
Neem leaves are most popular natural home remedy to treat the vaginal odor. Neem contains strong antimicrobial properties which help to prevent microbial growth. Neem leaves is very effective to treat the various skin related problems. Use of neem leaves helps to kill the bacteria causing vaginal odor.
- Take 10 neem leaves, 1 inch neem bark and 1 liter water
- Boil the neem leaves in water after washing thoroughly
- Boil it until water remain half
- Wash your vagina daily with this water
- Repeat once in a day for 1 week
12) Alum for Vaginal Odor
Alum is basically aluminum potassium sulfate. Alumni are generally used to clean water tanks and making the pickles. Alum is effective to kill the bacteria which responsible for vaginal odor and in result it helps to get rid of vaginal odor effectively.
- Take Water and Alum
- Mix half teaspoon of alum in a glass of water
- Drink this solution twice a day
- Alternatively soak an alum stick in water and gently rub near the vaginal wall
- Repeat this process once in a day to get rid of vaginal odor
13) Gooseberry (Amla) for Vaginal Odor
Gooseberry which is also called amla. Amla is one of the most used natural home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor. Amla contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which are helpful to treat the white discharge and vaginal odor. Amla juice contains vitamin C which helps to improve your digestion and immunity.
- Take 2 gooseberries, half teaspoon roasted cumin powder and pinch of salt
- Grind the gooseberries
- Mix amla paste, roasted cumin powder, and a pinch of salt
- Mix these properly and drink
- Repeat once daily for 2 weeks
14) Turmeric for Vaginal Odor
Turmeric is well known and effective natural home remedy for vaginal odor due to its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. It helps to kill the bacteria’s responsible for vaginal odor and infections. Turmeric is also useful to boost your immune system as well.
- Take 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1 glass milk
- Mix these properly
- Consume it in the night before going to bed
- Alternatively boil the 1 inch turmeric root in 1 liter water until water remains half. Use this water to wash your vagina twice in a day
15) Citrus Fruits for Vaginal Odor
Citrus fruit juice is very effective natural home remedy to get rid of vaginal odor. It helps to maintain the body’s pH balance and prevent from microbial infection. Citrus fruits are also beneficial to reduce the itching in vagina. Some fruits which are the citrus fruit are oranges, grapefruit, sweet lime, lemon, grapes, etc. Citrus fruits are effective to boost immunity due to rich source of vitamin c.
- Take 1 orange and 1 liter water
- You need to eat the citrus fruits regularly
- Alternatively slice the fruits and toss in 1 liter water
- Let it be soak for overnight
- Consume this water throughout the day
- Drink the citrus juice daily to get rid of vaginal odor
16) Guava Leaves for Vaginal Odor
Guava leaves are very effective natural home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor. Guava leaves contains antimicrobial, antioxidants, antibacterial, and anti-proactive properties. All these properties are helpful to kill the bacteria causing vaginal odor and also prevent from various infections.
- Take few guava leaves and 1 liter water
- Boil these leaves until water remain half
- Drink this water before your breakfast daily for 2 weeks
17) Herbal Capsules for Vaginal Odor
Herbal capsules are very effective remedies to treat the vaginal odor. Herbal capsules help to maintain vaginal pH and control the bacterial growth causing vaginal odor. Herbal capsules contain antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties that help to boost overall health and get rid of vaginal odor.
- Take Comfrey root powder – 2 tablespoons, Myrrh gum powder – 2 tablespoons, Slippery elm bark – 2 tablespoons, Goldenseal root powder – 4 tablespoons, Echinacea root powder – 2 tablespoons, Yellow dock root powder – 2 tablespoons, Gelatin capsules – size 00,
- Mix all these herbal powders properly
- Now fill 84 of the size 00 capsules with the herbal powder mixture
- Consume two capsules daily for 2 weeks
18) Seeds & Nuts for Vaginal Odor
Seeds and Nuts are also very effective to get rid of the vaginal odor. Seeds contain vitamin E which helps to prevent the vaginal dryness and itching. Seeds also control the bacterial growth. Nuts are also rich in omega-3 fatty acid and polyestrogen which helps to regulate the menstrual cycle and prevent hormonal imbalance.
- Take 4 almonds, 2 hazelnuts, 1 tablespoon flax seed powder, 1 cup milk,
- Soak the almond seeds in water for 5 hours
- Peel the skin of the soaked almonds
- Blend these almond seeds and prepare as paste
- Toss in the hazelnuts
- Now mix these with milk
- Add flaxseed in this mixture
- Consume the 1 cup of this effective mixture
In this article you have read all about 18 best natural home remedies for vaginal odor – causes and symptoms of vaginal odor. All these remedies are without any side effects and easily available. Use this yourself and please share to your friends and known ones so that they can also get the advantage of these effective home remedies to get rid of vaginal odor. Please share this post on facebook, twitter, whatsapp so more and more people can grab this information.