What is foot pain? How to get relieve from foot pain naturally? In this article we are listing top 10 best natural home remedies for foot pain – causes, symptoms and prevention tips for foot pain. Feet are the important part of your body and you must take care of this every time. There are many reason of foot pain such as tiredness, tight shoes etc. But now you do not need to worry because here you will go through with best natural home remedies to get relief from foot pain.
Common Causes of Foot Pain
- Unfit Footwear
- High heels
- Sports activities
Signs and Symptoms of Foot Pain
- Pain and tenderness in the foot
- Pain while standing long time
- Itchy sensation around foot
Types of Foot Pain
- Heel Pain
- Ball Foot Pain
- Arch Pain
- Toe Pain
Effective Home Remedies To Relieve Foot Pain
1) Eucalyptus Oil for Foot Pain
Eucalyptus oil is one of the best essential oil for foot pain. This oil is derived from the leaves of the eucalyptus tree. Eucalyptus oil contains eucalyptus which has medicinal properties. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of eucalyptus oil helps to treating the foot pain.
- Take few drops of eucalyptus oil,
- Add this in a bowl of hot water
- Then soak feet in the bowl filled with hot water
- Do it for 10 minutes
- Repeat this process twice in a day
2) Peppermint Oil for Foot Pain
Peppermint oil is another best essential oil which helps to treat the foot pain. Anti-inflammatory compound called menthol present in the peppermint oil which helps to provide you the relief from foot pain. Redness and swelling can also be treated with peppermint oil.
- Take few drops of peppermint oil
- Add these in the hot water bowl
- Now soak your feet in the hot water bowl
- Keep it for 10 minutes
- Repeat twice daily
3) Baking Soda for Foot Pain
Baking soda is another effective home remedy to treat the foot pain. Baking soda contains anti-inflammatory, soothing, and neutralizing properties which helps to treat the foot pain naturally. Swelling and inflammation can also be treated effectively by baking soda.
- Take half cup of baking soda and bowl of hot water
- Mix baking soda in this properly
- Soak your feet in this
- Do this for 15 minutes
- Repeat once in a day
4) Coconut Oil for Foot Pain
Coconut oil is one of the best natural home remedy to treat the foot pain. Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids which have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and analgesic properties. These properties are beneficial to provide relief from the foot pain and inflammation.
- Take 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Massage gently with this oil on your feet
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day
5) Epsom Salt for Foot Pain
Epsom salt is another effective home remedy for foot pain. Epsom salt contains anti-inflammatory and soothing properties which helps to get relief from inflammation, swelling and itching as well. Muscle ache and joint pain can also be treated by Epsom salt.
- Take half cup of Epsom salt and bowl of hot water
- Mix this properly
- Soak your feet in the Epsom salt solution
- Keep it for 15 minutes
- Repeat this once daily
6) Hot and Cold Compress for Foot Pain
Hot and cold compresses both are very effective for treating the foot pain. You just need to apply the combination of these two to get relief from foot pain. Inflammation and pain can be treated easily by using cold and hot compress.
- Take Hot water bottle and Ice pack
- First place hot water bottle on the affected area
- Hold for 5 minutes
- After that place the ice pack
- hold it for 10 minutes
- Repeat this process thrice in a day
7) Ginger for Foot Pain
Ginger is very well known natural home remedy to treat the foot pain. Ginger contains enzyme called zingibain which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help to provide relief from inflammation and pain of foot pain.
- Take 1 inch of ginger, 1 cup of hot water and Honey
- Steam the chopped ginger in hot water
- Steep for 5 to 10 minutes and strain
- Mix some honey in this
- Consume this ginger tea thrice in a day
8) Sesame Oil for Foot Pain
Sesame oil is one of the best natural home remedy to treat the foot pain. Giving the gentle massage with sesame oil helps to get rid of foot pain and inflammation. Sesame oil contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which are very beneficial to get rid of pain, inflammation and swelling as well.
- Take 1 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Massage your feet with this oil
- Repeat thrice in a day
9) Mustard Seeds or Oil for Foot Pain
Mustard seeds or oil are very effective natural home remedy to treat the foot pain. Mustard seeds are rich source of various nutrients, which contains anti-inflammatory properties that helps treating the foot pain, inflammation and swelling as well.
- Take half cup of mustard seeds and bowl of hot water
- Blend the mustard seeds
- Add the ground mustard seeds to a bowl of hot water
- Now soak your feet in this
- Do this for 10 minutes
- Repeat twice in a day
10) Cayenne Pepper for Foot Pain
Cayenne pepper is one of the best natural home remedy to treat the foot pain. Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that are helpful to treat foot pain and inflammation.
- Take half teaspoon of powdered cayenne pepper and bucket of water
- Mix properly
- Now soak your feet in this solution
- Do this for 10 minutes
- Repeat twice in a day
Important Prevention Tips
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Don’t wear high heels shoes
- Eat healthy foods
- Practice foot hygiene
- Massage your feet
You have read all about top 10 best natural home remedies for foot pain – causes, symptoms and prevention tips for foot pain. Please share these remedies to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these home remedies for foot pain. Please share on whatsapp, facebook and twitter. Kindly leave your valuable comments in the comment section.