How can we treat dry skin problem naturally? Is honey beneficial for dry skin? In this article we are listing top 16 best methods to use honey for dry skin – benefits of honey for skin. Honey is very effective natural ingredient to make your dry skin to soothe and calm. The main reason of dry skin is lacks of moisture. Dry skin is itchy and coarse. If you want to find the natural solution of your dry skin then honey is the best natural home remedy to treat dry skin. You can use honey as a natural moisturizer. Keep reading to know all the ways to use honey for your dry skin.
Benefits of Honey for Dry Skin
1) Honey works as Excellent Humectants
Honey is very good humectants which are the effective substances that keeps maintaining the natural moisture in your skin. As you know that lack of moisture is main reason for dry skin and honey provides the moisture and also seals in the moisture in your skin. In that way honey helps to make your skin soft and soothing.
2) Honey Prevents Several Skin Problems
Honey is very effective natural home remedy to treat various skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis which are the reason to make your skin dry. There are many ayurvedic medicines in which honey used that are helpful to treat the many skin issues. Honey is also beneficial to heal burns, cuts and wounds, and inflammation.
3) Honey for Bacterial Infection
Honey contains antibacterial property which helps to treat the bacterial infection. Honey is beneficial to treat wounds as it form the protective layer over wounds. Honey protects the skin from various infections.
4) Honey for Wrinkles
Honey is beneficial to remove wrinkles from your skin and provides young and rejuvenating skin tone. Wrinkle can be effectively reduced by honey. Honey has anti-ageing property which is beneficial to reduce your aging sign and symptoms. Honey helps maintain pH level of your skin and provide youthful skin.
5) Manuka Honey Face Cream
Manuka honey face cream is effective for your skin and you can use it as a daily night cream or daily moisturizer. It gives you the young, soothing and soft skin tone. We are explaining in detail that how to prepare manuka honey face cream.
- Take half cup shea butter, 3 tablespoons aloe Vera gel, 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 3 tablespoons rose water, and 1 teaspoon Manuka honey
- Melt the shea butter properly
- Mix it with other ingredients
- Keep this mixture in glass bowl to be cool
- Mix this again
- Store this manuka honey face cream in a jar
- Apply as daily moisturizer or night cream for best effect
6) Honey and Lavender Cream
Honey and lavender combination is also very good cream for your skin. You can use honey and lavender mixture as your night cream. Read below to know the preparation method of honey and lavender cream.
- Take one fourth cup olive oil, 1 tablespoon argan oil, 1 teaspoons raw organic honey, 1 teaspoon beeswax, half teaspoon vitamin E oil, 5 drops lavender essential oil and 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- First mix the argan oil and beeswax in a bowl
- Keep it in microwave for 30 seconds
- After cooling this mixture add lavender, frankincense, and vitamin E oils in it
- Your night cream is ready, keep it in glass jar and use as daily night cream
7) Honey and Essential Oil Body Butter
Honey and essential oil body butter is to be used as body butter after shower. This combination is one of the best effective body butter to treat the dry skin problem.
- Take 1 cups coconut oil, 3 tablespoons raw honey, 2 tablespoons citrus essential oil
- First melt the coconut oil
- After cooling, mix the honey and essential oil in this properly
- Store in a glass jar
- Use this cream as body butter after shower
8) Honey and Shea Butter Body Butter
Honey and shea butter are very good ingredients for your skin. The combination of both is effective to get rid of dry skin and provide soft, supple, soothing skin tone. Prepare this body butter as describe below.
- Take 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoons raw honey, 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 1 tablespoons beeswax and 1 tablespoon almond oil
- Toss all ingredients in boiler to be melt properly
- Keep this mixture to be cool
- Store it in glass jar
- Use regularly as body butter
9) Honey and Chamomile as a Facial Toner
Honey and chamomile mixture can be used as a facial toner. This natural facial toner is helpful to give soft, supple and young skin. This toner is beneficial to treat dry skin problem.
- Take 1 cup distilled water, 1 tablespoon chamomile flower, 1 teaspoon raw honey and 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Boil the chamomile flowers in the water
- Steep for 10 minutes
- Strain and add honey and apple cider vinegar
- Mix properly and store in glass bottle
- Apply this mixture on skin
10) Honey and Lavender Facial Toner
Honey and lavender both can be beneficial to get rid of dry skin. The combination of honey and lavender is beneficial to improve skin tone and make it soft, supple and rejuvenating.
- Take half cup water, half tablespoon raw honey, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- and 4 drops lavender essential oil
- Let the water warm
- Mix honey in it and stir well
- Now add the apple cider vinegar and then add essential oil
- Mix properly and use as a toner
11) Honey and Lemon Detoxifying Scrub
Honey and lemon both are well known natural ingredients for skin care. You just need to combine these two and prepare the scrub which is very effective to remove dry skin and provide natural glowing skin tone.
- Take 1 cup organic sugar, 2 tablespoons raw honey, one fourth cup olive oil, 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, 10 drops lemon essential oil and 10 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix all these properly
- Store in a glass jar and use as natural scrub
12) Honey and Oatmeal Scrub
Honey and oatmeal combination makes a great scrub for your dry skin. This is helpful to get rid of dry skin and give you soft and smooth skin tone.
- Take half cup oats, 1 cups sugar, one fourth cup coconut oil, one fourth cup honey, few drops tea tree oil and drops lavender oil
- First grind the oats and mix with sugar and honey properly
- Now mix coconut oil and essential oils in this mixture
- Store in glass jar
- Apply twice in a week
13) Honey and Blueberry Exotic Face Scrub
This is another face scrub with combination of honey, blueberry and brown sugar. All these natural ingredients are very effective and beneficial for treating your dry skin.
- Take half cup fresh blueberries, 2 tablespoons honey, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Blend the blueberries and mix all ingredients with this
- Apply this natural face scrub
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Massage gently and wash with water
14) Honey, Turmeric, and Glycerin Face Pack
Turmeric, honey and glycerin all are very beneficial and effective for your skin. All these are effective to get rid of dry skin and provide the soft, smooth and young skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon organic honey, half teaspoon turmeric, half teaspoon glycerin
- Mix all these and prepare the paste
- Gently apply this paste on your face and neck
- Leave it on to be dry
- Rinse off with cool water
15) Honey and Banana Face Pack
Honey and banana face pack is very useful and effective pack for dry skin. It gives you soft, smooth and young skin tone.
- Take 1 tablespoon honey, and 1 tablespoon mashed banana
- Mix both properly
- Apply this pack on face and neck
- Leave it on to be dry
- Rinse off with cool water
16) Honey and Avocado Face Mask
Honey and avocado face mask is one of the best masks for dry skin. You can easily prepare this face mask at home and use.
- Take 1 tablespoon mashed avocado, 1 teaspoon yogurt and 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Mix all these ingredients properly and prepare the paste
- Apply on your face and neck
- Leave it on to be dry
- Wash off with cool water
You have read all about top 16 Best Methods to Use Honey for Dry Skin – Skin Benefits of Honey. Please share this informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage. Also please share on whatsapp, facebook and twitter as well. Leave your valuable comments in the comment section.