What are the benefits of eucalyptus oil? Is eucalyptus essential oil beneficial for health, hair and skin? What Is Eucalyptus Essential Oil Used For? We understand your questions and listing here 19 amazing benefits of eucalyptus oil for health, hair and skin. After reading this article you will know all about eucalyptus essential oil and its benefits for health, hair and skin.
Eucalyptus oils are easily available that are mostly used in several medicines such as cough drops, salves, ointments, candy, vaporized liquids and cleaning products. This oil is also used for the treatment of asthma, fever, viral infection and toothache and skin problems. You are surprised to know that eucalyptus oil is also a good natural mosquito repellant. Some other benefits of eucalyptus essential oil are, use in mouthwashes, reducing inflammation, foods and beverages etc.
Best Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
1) Eucalyptus Oil for Alleviating Respiratory Conditions
Eucalyptus oil is one of the best effective oil to provide the relief from the obstructive respiratory conditions symptoms like cold, bronchitis and asthma etc. Eucalyptus oils should be use externally for getting relief from nasal inhalation, chest rubs and vaporizers. Inhaling the eucalyptus oil is beneficial for smooth breathing.
- Take the few drops of eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil
- Mix these properly in a hot water bowl
- Start inhaling slowly the aromatic steam
- Do this for 15 minutes
- Repeat 2-3 times in a day
2) Eucalyptus Oil for Headache
Eucalyptus oil is also used for providing relief from headache related to sinus and nasal congestion. Use the eucalyptus essential oil as given below and find the fast relief from headache.
- Take few drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- Pour it on your handkerchief
- Start inhaling slowly
- Alternatively mix the eucalyptus oil and almond oil and rub it on neck and shoulder
- Repeat this twice in a day
3) Eucalyptus Oil for Oral Health
Eucalyptus oil is the great essential oil to moderate antimicrobial property. This essential oil mix in several oral health products like toothpaste, mouthwash etc. Eucalyptus essential oil is effective to kill the bacteria which are the reason of bad breathing. Use of eucalyptus oil also beneficial to treat the dental plaque, gingivitis and cavities.
4) Eucalyptus Oil for Viral Infections
Eucalyptus oil contains the antiviral property that helps to provide relief from viral infections. Use of eucalyptus essential oil helps to control the viruses which are the reason of chickenpox and shingles as well.
- Take the eucalyptus oil and bergamot oil
- Mix both properly
- Apply this mixture directly on affected area
- Repeat this once daily
5) Eucalyptus Oil for Head Lice
Another good benefit of eucalyptus essential oil is to remove the head lice. Eucalyptus oil is a well known natural pesticide that helps to kill the head lice. Use this oil as given below to remove the head lice.
- Take the eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil
- Mix these properly
- Apply this solution on scalp and hair
- Leave it for half an hour
- Wash the hairs with mild shampoo
- Repeat this 3-4 times in a week
6) Eucalyptus Oil for Fever
Eucalyptus oil is also beneficial for reducing the fever. This oil is well known natural remedy to treat the fever. Eucalyptus oil contains cooling effect which is beneficial to deal with the fever effectively.
7) Eucalyptus oil for Arthritis Pain
If you are searching for the good essential oil for arthritis pain then eucalyptus oil is the effective essential oil for reducing the arthcare pain. Give the massage with the eucalyptus oil regularly to reduce the arthcare pain and inflammation.
- Take the eucalyptus oil
- Give the little heat to be warm
- Massage with this warm eucalyptus oil on affected area
- Leave it for 10 minutes then give the warm compress to it
- Repeat this once in a day for few weeks for best result
8) Eucalyptus Oil for Body Odor
Body odor is the very common problem. Eucalyptus oil will help you to reduce the body odor effectively by killing the bacteria caused for odor. For reducing the body odor you just need to follow the below step by step process and enjoy the odor free routine.
- Take the Eucalyptus oil and cotton ball
- Dab the cotton ball in this oil
- Apply it on underarms
- Repeat this 2-3 times in a day
- 9) Eucalyptus Oil for Fungal Infection
Eucalyptus oil has one of the important benefits for dealing with fungal infections. Some common fungal infection like athlete’s foot, Candida infection etc can be treated by eucalyptus essential oil.
10) Eucalyptus Oil for Would Healing
Eucalyptus oil contains the antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that help to treat the wound healing. This oil is also beneficial for cuts, scrapes, abrasions, burns and insect stings. When you mix the eucalyptus oil with olive oil then the mixture will more effective for wound repair.
11) Eucalyptus Oil for Beauty Uses
Eucalyptus oil is also mostly used oil for beauty purpose. It helps to reduce the excess oil of the skin. If you worry about acne and pimples then eucalyptus oil is beneficial to remove this skin problem. Sun tans, sun burns, and other skin problem can be treated by eucalyptus oil.
- Take the eucalyptus oil and cotton ball
- Dab the cotton ball in this oil
- Apply directly on the affected skin
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Repeat this process twice in a day
12) Eucalyptus Oil for Insects
Eucalyptus oil can be used as insects repellent. Aroma of eucalyptus oil repels the biting insects and live mites. You can prepare a natural insect repellant by given method below using eucalyptus oil.
- Take 30 ml eucalyptus oil and 3 cups of lukewarm water
- Mix these properly
- Apply this solution topically to avert insect bites
- You can spray this solution on your pets and their beddings
13) Eucalyptus Oil for Bronchitis
Eucalyptus oil is good natural home remedy to treat the bronchitis. Use this oil and find the relief from the bronchitis.
- Take the eucalyptus oil
- Give the gentle massage on your chest and throat
- You can inhale this oil directly
- Repeat this process 2-3 times in a day
14) Eucalyptus Oil for Mental Function
Eucalyptus oil helps to boost the mental ability. Eucalyptus aroma helps to stimulate the brain. This oil contains cooling and refreshing properties which is required for mental exhaustion and reduces stress level. It also beneficial for increasing the blood circulation in the brain.
15) Eucalyptus Oil for Congestion
Eucalyptus oil is good natural home remedy to treat the nasal congestion. You just need to simply inhale the eucalyptus oil. This process helps to clear the nasal passage effectively.
16) Eucalyptus oil for Kidney Stones
Kidney stones problem? You can use the eucalyptus oil which helps to reduce the pain caused by kidney stones. You need to take the eucalyptus oil and massage over afflicted area for reducing pain caused by kidney stones.
17) Eucalyptus Oil for Measles
Another benefit of eucalyptus oil is to treat the measles. Take the eucalyptus oil and massage with this on the reflex points of the feet. Do this process 3- times in a day to get the result quickly.
18) Eucalyptus Oil for Dandruff
Eucalyptus oil is good natural home remedy to remove the dandruff and helps to reduce the itchiness of scalp. Less moisture is the main reason of dandruff and scalp itching. This oil provides the good amount of moisture to you scalp which is beneficial to clear the dandruff.
19) Eucalyptus Oil for Itchy Scalp
Eucalyptus Oil is also beneficial to treat the itchy scalp effectively. Just follow the given steps and get rid of itchy scalp problem.
- Take 5 ml eucalyptus oil, 1 liter water and 50 ml white vinegar
- Mix these ingredients properly
- Wash your hair with this solution
- Do this several times in a day
Side Effects of Eucalyptus Oil
You have read the benefits of eucalyptus oil, there are some side effects of eucalyptus oil as well:
- Slowing of the central nervous system
In this article you have gone through with 19 amazing benefits of eucalyptus oil for health, hair and skin. Please share this post to your friends so that they can also take the advantage of these natural home remedies.
Also Read >