Cold is developing by viral infection. Different types of viruses are responsible for common cold. Common cold generally occurs in the winter season. Cold is very irritating and frustrating. You can simply treat the common cold by natural home remedies. In this post we will discuss about causes, symptoms and treatment of common cold. There are many effective natural home remedies for common cold. You can use any of these 9 best home remedies for common cold and cough.
Sign and Symptoms of Common Cold
- Runny Nose
- High Fever
- Decreased appetite
- Itchy Eyes
- Sore Throat
- Body Aches
Best Home Remedies for Common Cold
1) Garlic for Common Cold
Garlic is a very effective natural home remedy for many health problems. Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties that are very effective to treat the cold symptoms. Garlic is also very much effective for your immune system. Use garlic as given method and get rid of your cold.
- Take one crushed garlic clove, 1 teaspoon honey, 2 teaspoon lemon juice and half teaspoon red chili powder.
- Mix all these well
- Intake this mixture daily and find the relief from common cold
- Alternatively you can take 4 chopped garlic cloves
- Boil these in a cup of water
- Add one teaspoon honey in this and mix well
- Drink this solution thrice in a day for best result
2) Apple Cider Vinegar for Common Cold
Apple Cider Vinegar is also very effective natural home remedies for common cold. Apple Cider Vinegar is helpful to balance the pH levels of your body. Use this magical remedy to get rid of cold and find the relief.
- Take the one table spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and one glass of warm water
- Mix these well
- Start drinking 2 glass in a day
- Repeat this 3-4 days for best result.
Must Read > Home Remedies For Chest Cold
3) Honey for Common Cold
Honey is also one of the best natural home remedy for get rid of cold. Honey has potent healing and antiviral properties that helps to treat the common cold. It also helps in soothing from irritated throat. Honey also contains the antioxidant property that is helpful to control the viruses which are responsible for common cold.
- Take two teaspoon of honey and one tea spoon of lemon juice
- Mix these well
- Start taking it every two hours
- It will give instant relief from common cold
- You can also directly intake the one teaspoon honey to get rid of sore throat and cold.
Must Read > Herbal Remedies For Treating Cold Sores
4) Onion for Common Cold
Onions are other best natural home remedies for common cold. Onions contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that help to get rid of common cold. It helps to loosen up the mucus that has accumulated in the nasal passages and chest. It will get rid of cold symptoms and provide you the relief from muscle ache as well.
- Take one onion and honey
- Peel the onion and make the slices of this
- Add the honey to cover full of the onion
- Leave it for 4-5 hours
- Then eat 1 slice of honey poured onion
- Eat twice time in a day for fast relief from cold.
Must Read > Different Causes Of Cold Sores
5) Pepper for Common Cold
Pepper is also most effective natural way to treat the cold. Pepper contains the capsaicin that helps to thin the mucus and helps providing the relief from chest congestion. It also helps to stop your running nose.
- Eat the pepper with your meal
- Take one teaspoon pepper and mix this in a glass of warm water
- Drink this effective solution once in a day for best result.
Must Read > Home Remedies For Cough For Children
6) Turmeric Milk for Common Cold
Turmeric is the well known natural home remedies for several health problems. Turmeric contains has antibiotic and antioxidant properties that can be beneficial for get rid of common cold. You can also drink warm water that helps to relief from cold and cough.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one glass warm milk
- Mix these well
- Drink this effective solution once in a day before going to bed
- Repeat this for 3-4 days and get rid of cold and cough.
Must Read .> Home Remedies For Chest Congestion
7) Cinnamon for Common Cold
Cinnamon is also most effective natural home remedies for cold and cough. Cinnamon contains antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat the infection of cold and provide the relief from cold and cough.·
- Take half teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one tablespoon honey
- Mix these ingredients well
- Eat this effective mixture for get rid of cold and cough
- Use it twice in a day
8) Spice Tea for Common Cold
Spice tea is most effective natural home remedy for cold and cough. This is well known ayurvedic medicine to get rid of cold and cough.
- Take dry roast and grind a half cup coriander seeds, half tablespoons cumin half teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and half tablespoon fennel seeds
- Now take the one cup boil water
- Mix the prepared spices in this and add half teaspoon misri in this
- Keep it on gas stove for 2-3 minutes to be simmer it
- Now mix 2 table spoon milk in this prepared solution
- Now drink this spice tea once daily and find the relief from cold and cough
9) Gargling With Hot Water for Common Cold
Gargling with hot water gives the instant relief from the irritating throat and cough. The hot water helps hydrate the throat. You need to mix the salt in this. Salt is helpful to stop the infection caused for cold and cough.
- Take one glass of hot water and one teaspoon salt
- Mix these well
- Start gargling with this effective water
- Repeat the gargling twice in a day for better relief
In this post you have gone through the 9 best natural home remedies for common cold and cough. All these remedies are without any side effect and easily available at your home. You can simply prepare any of these remedies and use to get rid of cold and cough. Please share this post to your friends if you like it so they can also take the advantage of these useful remedies.