An irregular period is a very common health problem for women. This is not a very serious problem but it’s hectic if it continuous for every month then you must be takes care of this. There are many home remedies available for irregular period. In this post we are listing 8 effective natural home remedies for delayed period. Irregular period also called oligomenorrhea. , is a common problem among women. It usually refers to infrequent periods with intervals of more than 35 days.
Usually a normal period ranges is from 21 to 35 days. When period comes more than 35 days then it is oligomenorrhea or irregular period. Generally period lasts for 2 -7 days. Irregular periods are counted the time between each of periods starts and the periods last. If the menstrual cycle more or less than the usual days then it is called irregular period.
Causes Of Irregular Period
- Eating Disorders,
- Weight Loss or Weight Gain
- Uterine Abnormalities
- Thyroid Disorders
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Liver Disease
- Alcohol Abuse
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Now we are listing the top best natural home remedies for delay period. Go through every natural home remedies and use these to treat the irregular period.
Home Remedies for Irregular Periods
1. Cinnamon For Delayed Periods
Cinnamon is also another natural remedy for regulating menstrual cycles and reducing menstrual pain. Cinnamon contains hydroxychalcone that is beneficial in regulating insulin levels. Use this effective remedy to deal with delayed period.
- Take 1 table spoon of cinnamon powder and a glass of milk.
- Mix these well.
- You need to drink this remedy once in a day.
- Repeat cinnamon mix for several weeks for better effect.
- Alternatively you can also drink cinnamon tea.
2. Sesame Seeds and Jaggery For Delayed Periods
Sesame seeds are effective natural remedy for irregular period. Sesame seeds contain lignans that help to bind extra hormones. It’s also help to promote hormonal balance. If you use sesame seed with jiggery then this remedy helps magically to deal with delayed period and menstrual pain.
- Take handful of sesame seeds and roast it.
- Now grind them and mix one teaspoon of jaggery.
- Take one teaspoon of this sesame and jaggery powder once in a day.
- Always take this on empty stomach.
- Alternatively you can eat jaggery as a little piece.
- This effective remedy helps to deal with irregular period and menstrual pain as well.
3. Ginger For Delayed Periods
Ginger is the most popular natural home remedy for several health issues. Ginger also helps in regulating menstrual cycles and also reduces the menstrual pain. Use the ginger as per the given steps to deal with the delayed periods.
- Take one table spoon ground ginger.
- Mix this ginger powder in a cup of water for few minutes.
- You can add little sugar for better taste.
- Start drinking this mixture thrice in a day.
- Make sure you need to take this after dinner.
- Repeat this for a month to deal with irregular period.
4. Aloe Vera For Delayed Periods
Aloe Vera is a very popular natural home remedy for delayed period. It helps to treating the irregular menstrual cycle. Use the Aloe Vera and reduce the menstrual pain and delayed period problem.
- Take the Aloe Vera leaf and extract the gel from this.
- You can add one teaspoon of honey and mix well.
- Before breakfast you need to take this.
- Repeat this remedy once in a day for one month.
5. Papaya For Delayed Periods
Papaya is also helpful to deal with irregular period. Green papaya helps contract muscle fibers in the uterus. It deals with the menstrual pain and the delayed period.
- Take unripe papaya juice.
- Drink daily once.
- Use this remedy for a few months.
- Avoid drinking during your periods.
6. Turmeric For Delayed Periods
Turmeric is the very popular natural home remedy for health issues. Turmeric is also beneficial to deal with the irregular menstrual cycle. It helps in balancing hormones and regulate period. Turmeric helps to deal with menstrual pain due to its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take half teaspoon turmeric and one glass of milk.
- Mix these well.
- You can add little honey for better taste.
- Drink this mixture once in a day for few weeks.
- This natural remedy will help you to regulate your menstrual cycle.
7. Mint and Honey For Delayed Periods
Dried mint and honey both are helpful to deal with the delay period problem. This is a effective Ayurvedic natural remedy to regulate menstrual cycle and reduce menstrual pain.
- Take one teaspoon mint problem and one teaspoon honey.
- Mix these well.
- Take this mixture once daily.
- Repeat this for 6-7 weeks for better effect.
8. Carrot Juice For Delayed Periods
Carrot is a very good source of iron. Carrot is also another effective and easy natural home remedy for irregular menstrual periods. Carrot helps to boost proper hormone functioning.
- Take the carrot and extract juice.
- Drink a glass carrot juice daily.
- Repeat this remedy for three months.
In this post we have read about 8 effective natural home remedies for delayed periods. Please share this post if you like it.