Vaginal itching is the common problem for women. This is very uncomfortable with the itching, burning and irritation. In this post we are listing 8 effective home remedies for vaginal itching. If you searching for the remedies without any side effect then go ahead and start using these and get rid of vaginal itching. To prevent from the vaginal itching you should maintain proper hygiene and strict with your diet.
Common causes of Vaginal Itching
- Bacterial Infection
- Yeast Infections
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Chemical Irritants
- Vaginal infections
Symptoms of Vaginal Itching
- Burning Sensations
- Redness and Swelling around vagina
- Vaginal Discharge
- Discomfort during Urination
1) Apple Cider Vinegar for Vaginal Itching
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent natural remedy to treat the vaginal itching. ACV has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help to control the bacterial and fungal infection. ACV helps to maintain the pH balance of your vagina. Use acv as given method below.
- Take 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and glass warm water
- Mix these well
- Now wash your vagina with this solution
- Repeat this method twice in a day
- Alternatively you can mix acv, little honey in a glass of warm water and drink twice in a day.
2) Cold Compress for Vaginal Itching
Cold compress is another good method for treating vaginal itching. Cold compress helps numb the vaginal area and provide relief from itching and inflammation.
- Take some ice cubes and clean cotton cloth
- Wrap these ice cubes in the cloth
- Place this ice pack on vagina
- Leave for 2-3 minutes
- Repeat this several times with 1 minute of interval
- Use this method for few days
3) Salt Water Bath for Vaginal Itching
Salt water bath is also effective method for vaginal itching. Salt helps to control the microbes causing infection and itching. Do the salt bath as per the steps below and get rid of vaginal itching and discomfort.
- Take 1 tablespoon salt and a glass of water
- Mix these and wash vagina with this solution
- This will provide the instant relief from itching
- You can also fill bathtub with warm water and mix half cup salt in this, now sit in the tub for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this once daily for best result
4) Yogurt for vaginal Itching
Yogurt is not only food item but it is a very good home remedy for several health problems. Yogurt is also useful to treat the vaginal itching. Yogurt helps to control the infection and stop the burning sensation. It also improves the good bacteria growth.
- Take yogurt and a tampon
- Dip this tampon in yogurt
- Insert tampon in vagina
- Leave it for two hours
- Repeat this twice in a day
5) Garlic for Vaginal Itching
Garlic is also great natural home remedy for vaginal itching. Garlic contains antibacterial and antibiotic properties that help to kill bacteria and yeast. Use of garlic is also improves the immune system and control the infection caused for vaginal itching.
- Take few drops of garlic oil and 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Mix these properly
- Apply this mixture on affected area
- Leave it for 10 minutes
- Rinse off with Luke warm water
- Repeat this remedy twice in a day
6) Indian Lilac or Neem for Vaginal Itching
Neem which is also called Indian lilac is also very effective natural home remedy for vaginal itching. Neem contains antiseptic properties that help to control the infection and itching.
- Take handful of neem leaves
- Boil these in 3 cups of water
- Strain and keep it to be cool
- Wash vagina with this solution
- Repeat this once in a day for few weeks
7) Honey for Vaginal Itching
Honey is the well known natural home remedy to treat the vaginal itching. Honey contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that help to treat the infection and itching of vagina.
- Take little honey
- Gently apply as ointment on the affected area
- Leave it for half an hour
- Wash with Luke warm water
- Repeat this twice in a day
8) Boric Acid for Vaginal Itching
Boric acid is another effective remedy for treating vaginal itching. Boric acid contains antiseptic and antifungal properties that help to control the itching and irritation of vagina.
- Take some boric acid and water
- Mix this well till dilute
- Apply this solution on vagina
- Leave it 2 minutes
- Wash with warm water
- Repeat this once in a day
In this post you have gone through with 8 effective natural home remedies for vaginal itching. Please share this post to your friends so that they can also know about these effective home remedies.