Chest congestion is very common in the winter season. It could be with men, women, and kids. Chest congestion is annoying and awkward due to clearing your throat, coughing etc. The people sitting around you will feel uncomfortable to sit with you. Chest congestion is not a serious issue. It can be treated at home by some effective natural home remedies. In this post we are listing the 8 Effective Home Remedies For Chest Congestion.
Now we will see causes, symptom and treatment of chest congestion.
Chest Congestion Causes
Chest Congestion Symptoms
- Chest pain
- Wheezing or rasping
- Shortness of breath
Best Home Remedies For Chest Congestion
1) Apple Cider Vinegar For Chest Congestion
Apple cider vinegar is well known natural home remedies for many health problems. Apple cider vinegar is also very useful to treat the chest congestion. Use this effective home remedies and get rid of chest congestion.
- Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a cup of warm water
- Mix this and simply start gargling
- Repeat this thrice daily
- Do this for 3-4 days and it will give you the best result.
2) Essential Oil for Chest Congestion
Essential oil is another effective natural home remedies for treating chest congestion. You can take any essential oil. Every essential oil has the property to get rid of chest congestion. Essential oils contain mucus reduction, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that helps to deal with chest congestion. It also control the infection caused for chest congestion.
- Take 3-4 drops of tea tree oil OR peppermint oil and 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix any essential oil with any of the carrier oils
- Gently apply this solution to the sinuses, neck, chest, and back
- Leave it for a one hour
- Repeat this twice in a day (once in morning and once at night before going to bed)
3) Fenugreek Tea for Chest Congestion
Fenugreek is another popular natural home remedies for chest congestion. Fenugreek contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the inflammation in respiratory tract. It contains antimicrobial compounds that control the infection of chest congestion. Use this and treat the chest congestion.
- Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds, one tea spoon honey and one cup water
- Soak the fenugreek in the water and leave it for whole night
- Strain it in the morning and heat this
- Mix the honey in this and prepare the tea
- Drink this effective tea twice in a day for best result.
4) Honey for Chest Congestion
Honey is also well known natural home remedy for many health problems. Honey contains antimicrobial property that helps to get rid of the respiratory tract infection. Honey also help to soothe your throat and reduces cough. Honey is most effective to treat the chest congestion.
- Take 1 tablespoon honey,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice and one glass hot water
- Mix these entire well
- Drink this effective solution twice in a day (once in morning and once in night) for best result.
5) Ginger for Chest Congestion
Ginger is other very effective natural home remedy for treating the chest congestion. Use of ginger tea is very effective for chest congestion due to its hotness property. It reduces the symptom of chest congestion because it has expectorant and antimicrobial agent.
- Take ginger and cut it into pieces
- Soak this in the hot water for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes strain it and mix the 1 teaspoon honey in it and prepare the herbal tea
- Drink this effective herbal tea thrice in a day
- It will completely clear your chest congestion
6) Turmeric for Chest Congestion
Turmeric is most popular natural pain killer. Turmeric contains antibacterial properties that help to treat the chest congestion. Use turmeric with black pepper because black pepper works like expectorant and decongestant. You can easily prepare this mixture and store in a bottle for use.
- Take half teaspoon of turmeric powder, half teaspoon black pepper and 2 teaspoon honey
- Mix all these and prepare the paste
- Now lick this to reduce the chest congestion discomfort
- Repeat this twice in a day for best result.
7) Onion for Chest Congestion
Another effective natural home remedy for chest congestion is onion. Onion helps to soothes aching throat and relieves chest congestion immediately. Use this natural remedy to completely treat chest congestion.
- Take one onion, one teaspoon lemon juice, one teaspoon water and half teaspoon of honey
- Mix these entire well and heat this
- Now take this mixture
- Repeat this remedy twice in a day to get the best result.
8) Steam Inhalation for Chest Congestion
Steam Inhalation in one of the best home remedy for treating the chest congestion. This method act immediately to reduce the chest congestion. Steam inhalation is simple and easy method that you can do at home and for best result. This will provide immediate relief from congestion and headache. Use this as per the given below steps.
- Take hot water in a bowl and a towel
- Add few drops of eucalyptus oil in hot water
- Cover your face with towel and lower the head toward bowl
- Make sure the outer air cannot be enter inside
- Start inhaling the steam for 5 minutes
- Repeat this thrice in a day
In this post you have one through with 8 best effective home remedies for chest congestion. All these are act without any side effect. Please share this to your friends if you like it so that they can also take the advantages of this useful post.