Fleas are a term that is related to pets. Do you have a pet? Are you worried about fleas? Every pet owner has a fear with fleas. Your pets go outside and come with the fleas. Don’t think that fleas only affected to the pets. Fleas can be spread to your house, lawn, carpet and even in your hairs. They can be bite to your scalp. Fleas increases in the summer and spring that is the breeding season. Don’t worry there are some effective home remedies to kill the fleas. We are listing 7 Effective Natural Home Remedies For Killing Fleas.
Best Effective Home Remedies for Killing Fleas
If your searching the products to kill the fleas then there are many effective products are available in the market to kill the fleas. But maximum products contain chemicals that can be harmful for your pets and you also. So you should use the home made methods to kill the fleas and finish them completely. You are at the right place; in this article you can find several options for killing the fleas.
1) Salt and Vacuuming
Salt And Vacuuming is one of the most uses methods to get rid of fleas. This is the excellent way to kill the fleas and save your home and pets.
- Take a little salt and spread these through carpet, corners, and house.
- Now wait for one day.
- Vacuum the carpets and corners.
- Repeat this method on every alternative day.
- Use this method and get rid of fleas completely.
2) Baking Soda and Salt
Baking Soda and Salt is another method to kill the fleas. In your home the carpet is the proper safe place for fleas where they can increase and hide. So you should use this remedy on carpet and kill all the fleas. Use this method as per given below steps.
- Take the salt and baking soda.
- First spread the salt under carpet, over carpet and other area of home.
- Leave it for 1 hour.
- Now start spreading baking soda like you did the salt.
- Leave it for next one hour.
- Now sweep gently with the broom in both directions.
- Leave the carpet for 3 days.
- Vaccume it after 3 days.
- During these three days fleas died completely.
- After vaccume the carpet, throw away your vaccume bag from home
- This home remedy helps you to completely get rid of fleas.
3) Use Dish Wash Detergent
You can also use dish wash detergent to kill the fleas. Use dish wash detergent with water in a vessel that helps to get rid of fleas completely from your home.
- Take a vessel with water and some dish wash detergent.
- Mix these well and prepare the solution.
- Keep the vessel fill with detergent solution on the floor near a bright lamp.
- Leave it for overnight.
- In the morning, you can see the dead fleas around vessel.
- This can be simple and easy method to kill the fleas.
4) Citric Acid and Lemon for Killing Fleas
Citric acid is also one of the best home remedy for killing the fleas. Use citric acid and lemon that will completely get rid of fleas from your home, carpet.
- Take little citric acid.
- Mix this in your floor washes.
- Mix some lemon juice in this.
- The mixture of lemon and citric acid helps to kill all the fleas from your floor.
5) Boric Acid for killing Fleas
Another effective home remedy for killing fleas is boric acid. You can use boric acid or borax powder to get rid of fleas. Use this remedy as per given below steps.
- Take some borax powder or boric acid.
- Sprinkling these on the carpets and furniture.
- Alternatively you can pour the boric acid in the spray container.
- Now spray this solution around the room.
- Leave it for half an hour.
- Now start vaccume and keep out the dead fleas.
6) Homemade Chemical Sprays
You can make homemade chemical spray at home. Don’t buy the spay from market. Homemade chemical spray has no side effect for your pets. Follow these methods and prepare the chemical spray yourself at home and get rid of fleas completely.
- Take lemon juice, witch hazel extract, vinegar, and water.
- Mix these entire well.
- Shake this solution properly and fill in the spray bottle.
- Now spray this solution in your house wall, furniture, carpet, curtain etc.
- Repeat this daily for a week until fleas are completely died.
7) Use Flea Collars For Killing Fleas
Flea Collars are also the effective way to get rid of fleas from your home. A flea collar effectively repels fleas away from your pets. You can use Flea Collars to finish the fleas from your home also.
- Take the several pieces of Flea Collars.
- Scatter these pieces in areas of the house which are infected with fleas.
- Place one piece under cushions, one under mattresses or carpets etc.
- Also keep one piece of Flea Collars in your vacuum bag.
- Repeat this process for few days until all the fleas gone from your home.
Hope the above given 7 effective natural home remedies for killing fleas helps you to clean your house from fleas. Please share this post if you like it so that others can also take the benefits of these home made methods for killing fleas.