Eyelid Inflammation is an infection which occurs when oil gland of hair follicles clogged. This infection is called eyelid inflammation. Generally we know two types of eyelid infection. I.e. 1) Anterior Eyelid Infection 2) Posterior Eyelid Infection.
When eye lid inflammation occurs on the outside of eyes then this is called Anterior eyelid infection. When eye lid inflammation occur inner corners of eyes then this is called posterior eyelid inflammation.
There are several factors of blepharitis or eyelid inflammation. Those factors include dandruff on eyebrows, eyelash, side effects of medication, allergic reactions to eye makeup, bacterial infections.
Sign and Symptoms of Blepharitis
- Itchy eyelids
- Inflamed eyelids
- Burning Sensations in eyes
- Oily Eyelids
- Red Eyes
Here are the top 5 home remedies for blepharitis.
Warm compresses are an effective home remedy for several health issues and it also helpful for blepharitis. It helps to loosen scales and debris around eyelashes. They help to dilute oil secretions from the oil glands. Blood circulation improves due with the help of warm compress.
- Take the warm water and dip clean cloth in this.
- Place it over closed eyelid.
- Leave it for few minutes.
- Repeat this thrice in a day.
Scrub is also a good way to get rid of eyelids inflammation. It also prevents accumulation of oil and scaly patches on the eyelids.
- Take one cup of warm water and few drops of baby shampoo.
- Mix these and prepare a solution.
- Now dip a cotton ball into this solution.
- Gently scrub the eyelashes for few second.
- After few seconds rinse both eyes with cool water.
- Dry gently with soft towel.
- Repeat this home remedy twice in a day.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is also an effective remedy for blepharitis. It will help to reduce the itching and inflammation of eyes.
- Take few drop of tea tree oil and mix this in one table spoon of coconut oil.
- Cotton ball dip in this solution.
- Wipe the cotton ball on closed eyelashes.
- Keep eyes closed for ten minutes.
- Repeat this remedy twice in a day.
Coconut oil is a well known natural home remedy to treat the eyelid inflammation. You can try this home remedy at home yourself. Coconut oil has anti inflammatory property which helps to reduce the itching and inflammation.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in coconut oil.
- Put it on the inflamed eyelid for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy for several times in a day.
- This natural treatment helps to get rid of eyelid inflammation.
Castor oil is also a very good natural home remedy. Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid which works as anti inflammation. Us of castor oil helps to reduce itching, irritation, burning and pain.
- First clean eyelid and eyelashes with lukewarm water.
- Apply a warm compress on the eyelid for few minutes.
- Take a cotton ball and dip in castor oil.
- Keep it on closed eyes fro few minutes.
- Don’t wash over night.
- In the morning rinse off eyes with warm water.
- Repeat this method twice in a day.
- Continue this for a week.