Headaches are very common problems occur with many people. Some time it may be worst with the headache pain. There are several pain killer medicines available in the market for headache. But we are listing 13 top natural home remedies for headache that is easy and very effective to provide you quick relieve from headache.
Types of Headache
- Tension Headaches
- Migraine Headaches
- Cluster headaches
Causes of Headache
- Constriction of blood vessels
- Abnormal Neuron Activity
- Genetic Causes
- Less Sleeping
- Eye Strain
- Neck Strain
Effective Home Remedies for Headache
1) Ginger for Headache
Ginger is the well known natural home remedy for many health problems. Ginger can also be helpful to reduce the blood vessels inflammation in your head. Due to this you can get the instant relief from the headache.
- Take the ginger juice and lemon juice
- Mix these two in the equal amount of quantity
- Drink this twice in a day
- Alternatively you can chew the ginger slices to get relief from headache
2) Mint Juice for Headache
Mint juice is another effective natural home remedy for headache. Mint contains menthol and methane that are very effective in reducing headaches.
- Take the mint leaves
- Extract the juice from these
- Gently apply this juice on your forehead
- The cooling effect of mint will give you fast relief from headache
3) Peppermint Oil for Headache
Peppermint is the effective natural home remedy for headache. Peppermint contains menthol that helps to open the clogged blood vessels. Peppermint has has calming and soothing effects that helps to reduce headache fast.
- Take 3-4 drops peppermint oil and one tablespoon almond oil
- Mix these properly
- Then massage forehead with this mixture
Another method to use peppermint oil is to put the few drops in boil water and start taking inhaling steam. It will give you fast relief from headache.
4) Basil for Headache
Basil is another effective natural home remedy for treating the headache. Basil is also known as muscle relaxant. Basil contain calming and analgesic effects that help to relief from the headache.
- Take few basil leaves and 1 cup boil water
- Put the basil leaves in water and simmer for some time
- Now let it is little cool and apply on your forehead
- You can also chew the basil leaves with some time interval
5) Lavender Oil for Headache
Lavender oil is the great natural home remedy for headache. It has soothing effect that can be helpful to provide the relief from headache and migraine also.
- Take few drops lavender oil and a tissue
- Put this on tissue
- Start inhaling
- You can also use another way with this, pour few drops of lavender oil in boil water and start inhaling
6) Ice Pack for Headache
Ice has the cooling effect that help to reduce the inflammation caused for headache. Using the Ice pack is very easy and simple at home to get rid of headache.
- Take the ice pack
- Apply on your back of neck
- This will give the relief from migraine headache
- Alternatively wet the clean cloth in ice water and put on your head
- Do this for few minutes and find the fast relief from headache
7) Rosemary for Headache
Rosemary is another effective natural home remedy for headache. Rosemary contains soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the headache quickly.
- Take the few drops rosemary oil and carrier oil
- Mix both properly
- Apply on your forehead and give gentle massage
You can also prepare the tea with rosemary leaves and drink twice in a day; it will also give the relief from headache
8) Cloves for Headache
Cloves contains cooling and pain killer properties that help you to get the fast relief from headache. This is also very good natural home remedy to treat the headache in no time.
- Take few cloves
- Crush these cloves
- Put is on the tissue and start inhaling
- This process will give you the fast relief from headache
9) Apples for Headache
Apples are not only fruit but it is a very good natural home remedy. You can also use apple cider vinegar. ACV is also similar effective for headache. Use of these are very easy at home.
- Just take the apple and eat with salt
- Alternatively mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and start drinking this solution to get the fast relief from headache
10) Green Tea for Headache
Green tea is another natural home remedy to treat the headache. Green tea is most popular to lose the weight. Green tea has caffeine that helps to improve the blood circulation in your brain. It will help to reduce the headache quickly.
- Take Green tea leaves and Hot water
- Steep these leaves in water for few minutes
- Now strain and drink slowly as a tea
11) Betel Leaves for Headache
Betel leaves are another natural home remedy to treat the headache effectively. Betel leaves contains cooling, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce the headache quickly.
- Take few betel leaves and camphor essential oil
- Grind the betel leaves
- Mix the camphor oil and prepare the mixture
- Gently apply this mixture on your forehead
- Leave it for 10 minutes
12) Yogurt for Headache
Yogurt is easily available in your kitchen. This is not only food item but yogurt is also good natural home remedy for many health problems. you can use the yogurt to treat the headache also. Yogurt contains calcium and antibiotic. You should eat proper amount of yogurt to get the relief from headache.
13) Henna for Headache
Henna contains culling property that helps effectively to treat the headache. You can use henna as given method below to get the fast relief from headache. Henna also contaminant-inflammatory, antimicrobial, analgesic, and antibiotic properties, all these are helpful to provide relief from headache very fast.
- Take henna leaves
- Crush these leaves and prepare the paste with water
- Apply this mixture on forehead
- Leave it for some time to be dry
In this post you have gone through with 13 top natural home remedies for headache. All these are without any side effects. Please share this post to others so that they can also aware abound these effective natural home remedies of headache.