How to cure anemia? What are the causes, symptoms and diet tips for treating anemia? In this article we are listing 12 best home remedies for anemia – causes, symptoms and diet tips for curing anemia. Anemia is a condition in which the RBC count or hemoglobin levels drop below normal levels. Anemia is affected many people’s globally. Children are mainly affected by anemia. It occurs when RBC count or hemoglobin levels plummet, leading to palpitation, cold hands and feet, fatigue, and pale skin. The treatment of anemia is very important because it can be fatal when left untreated. Keep reading to know all about anemia treatment, home remedies of anemia, causes and symptoms of anemia and diet tips of anemia.
Common Signs and Symptoms of Anemia
- Brain fog
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Pale skin
- Low stamina
- Difficulty concentrating
- Shortness of breath
- Cold hands and feet
- Irregular heartbeat
Common Causes of Anemia
- Body is not producing enough RBCs
- RBCs are getting destroyed by body
- Blood loss due to menstruation
Effective Home Remedies To Treat Anemia
1) Drumstick Leaves to Cure Anemia
Drumsticks are very effective home remedy to treat the anemia. Drumsticks are loaded with vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, and magnesium which are beneficial to cure anemia.
- Take 15 drumstick leaves and 1 teaspoon honey
- Chop the leaves
- Blend them properly
- Now strain the juice and mix honey
- Stir well and consume with your breakfast
2) Vitamins B12 and Folate to Cure Anemia
Vitamins are useful essential which help to treat the anemia. Vitamins B12 and folate are very effective to cure anemia. Deficiency for vitamins can also be the reason for anemia. You should start consuming greens, eggs and beans.
- Take 2 eggs, ½ cup baked beans, 1 cup baby spinach, 3-4 blanched florets of broccoli and Salt to taste
- Open the eggs on a hot non-stick pan and sprinkle some salt
- Cook eggs for 4 minutes
- Now add the baked beans, blanched broccoli, and baby spinach to the plate of egg
- Enjoy this healthy breakfast
3) Blackstrap Molasses to Cure Anemia
Blackstrap molasses is another ingredient which helps to cure the anemia. Blackstrap is low in sugar but rich in vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamin B6, magnesium, calcium, and selenium. Blackstrap molasses is beneficial to increase the iron levels in body that is necessary to improve hemoglobin levels and RBC count.
- Take 1 tablespoon organic blackstrap molasses and 1 cup warm water
- Add blackstrap molasses in this
- Stir properly and drink this with breakfast
4) Green Veggies to Cure Anemia
Green veggies are very beneficial to cure anemia. Green veggies such as kale, spinach, radish greens, mustard greens, arugula, broccoli, and Swiss chard are rich in iron. Eating these is very effective to treat the anemia.
- Take half cup kale, ¼ cup chopped celery, 1 tablespoon honey, ½ lime and pinch of salt
- Blend all these properly
- Then drink this smoothie
- Repeat before your breakfast daily
5) Vitamin C for Curing Anemia
Vitamin C is very good solution to treat the anemia. There are many fruits canting vitamin C such as orange, apple, lime, lemon, grapefruit, tangerine, gooseberries, apple, and berries. Start consuming these fruits and treat your anemia. Vitamin C also helps to improve iron and hemoglobin level.
- Take half grapefruit, 1 kiwi, ½ apple, 1 teaspoon honey and ½ inch grated ginger
- Blend all these properly
- Mix grated ginger and honey in this and blend again
- Consume this healthy drink
- Repeat with your breakfast
6) Probiotics to Cure Anemia
Probiotics is one more option to cure the anemia. Probiotics helps to improve the digestion and gut function. Probiotics is also beneficial to increase the levels of vitamin B12 and iron. Yogurt is good source of probiotic so start consuming this to treat anemia.
- Take half cup yogurt, 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons lime juice, few chopped coriander leaves, pinch of salt and pinch of cumin powder
- Now blend yogurt properly
- Add some water water
- Mix salt, lime juice, chopped coriander leaves, and cumin powder
- Stir well and drink it
- Repeat after lunch
7) Plum and Figs to Cure Anemia
Plump and sweet figs both are very effective home remedies to cure the anemia. Plum and figs are very rich is iron. Figs are also contains vitamin A, folate, and magnesium.
- Take 4 ripe figs and 1 cup water
- Soak the figs in water for overnight
- Quarter the figs
- Eat them in your breakfast
- Repeat daily for some days
8) Beetroot for Treating Anemia
Beetroot is very good home remedy to treat the anemia. Beetroot contains iron, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A, and folate which are very helpful to cure the anemia and increase the hemoglobin levels.
- Take Beetroots, ½ lime, Peeler, and Juicer
- First Wash, peel, and chop the beetroots
- Then blend all properly
- Consume this drink
- Repeat before breakfast
9) Bananas to Cure Anemia
Bananas are very effective and simple home remedy to treat the anemia. Green or ripe banana is helpful to treat the anemia. Banana contains iron potassium, vitamin C, and folate which are effective to treat the anemia by increasing hemoglobin levels.
- Take 1 medium-sized ripe banana and 1 teaspoon honey
- Wash, peel, and slice the bananas
- Consume this healthy breakfast
10) Dates and Raisins to Cure Anemia
Dates and raisins are other great ingredients to cure the anemia. Dates and raisins are rich sources of iron and vitamin C. Vitamin C helps boosting immunity and improves iron absorption.
- Take 4 dates and 10 raisins
- Soak the dates and raisins in water for half an hour
- Strain the water
- Drink this water
- Include raisin and dates in your regular breakfast
11) Copper to Cure Anemia
Copper deficiency is one of the main reasons for anemia. You need to start consuming the copper riched food which helps to increase the hemoglobin and iron levels.
- Take copper water bottle and Water
- Store water in the copper water bottle for overnight
- Drink this water in the morning
- Repeat this process on regular basis
12) Black Sesame Seeds to Cure Anemia
Black sesame seeds are very rich in footplate, iron, calcium, and magnesium and highly essential which are very effective to treat the anemia. These are also beneficial to increase iron.
- Take 2 teaspoons of black sesame seeds, ¼ cup water and 1 teaspoon honey
- Soak the black sesame seeds in water for 4 hours
- Strain this water
- Make thick paste of the sesame seeds
- Consume this paste with teaspoon of honey
- Repeat with breakfast daily
Best Effective Iron-Rich Foods For Anemia Treatment
- Sweet Potato
- Protein-Rich Foods
You have read all about the top 12 home remedies for anemia – causes, symptoms and diet tips for curing anemia. All these effective home remedies are easily available and effective to treat the anemia. Please share this informative post to your friends and known ones so that they can also take the advantage of these beneficial home remedies for treating anemia. Kindly post this on whatsapp, facebook and twitter as well. Please leave your valuable comments in the comment section.