Constipation is common digestive problem that can happen with any age of people. It is basically frequently bowel movements. Due to constipation it is difficult to pass the stools and make it hard and very dry. Constipation makes people very uncomfortable and frustrating. You can find the medicines ion the market but you should try the natural home remedies for constipation.
We are listing 10 effective home remedies for constipation in this article. All these are without any side effects. So start reading below and use these remedies and live a healthy life.
Symptoms of Constipation
- Bloated Abdomen
- Stomach Pain
- Abdominal Cramps
- Loss of Appetite
- Difficulties in Breathing
Causes of Constipation
- Improper Diet
- Less Water Intake
- Irregular Habit
- Less Physical Activity
1) Lemons for Constipation
Lemons are great effective natural home remedies for the constipation. Lemon is easily available at your home. It is also helpful for other health problems such as weight loss, skin care, proper digestion, eye care, peptic ulcers, etc. This is the very easy and simple remedy to treat the constipation.
- Take the lemon and extract the juice
- Mix this juice in a glass of warm water
- Add little pinch salt and honey in this
- Mix all these properly and drink this
- Remember to drink in the morning with empty stomach
- Repeat this method daily for few weeks
2) Figs for Constipation
Figs are another good natural home remedy to treat the constipation fast. Figs are rich in fiber, polyphones and anthocyanins that help to quickly heal the constipation.
- Take figs and 2 almonds
- Put them in the water and leave it for 3-4 hours
- Then peel almonds and grind them
- Prepare the paste and consume this in every night for few weeks
3) Honey for Constipation
Honey is effective natural home remedy to get rid of constipation. This is also easily available and simple natural remedy to treat constipation fast.
- Take 1 tablespoon honey
- Consume it thrice in a day
- Alternatively you can mix lemon juice and honey in 1 glass of water and drink twice in a day
4) Flaxseeds for Constipation
Flaxseeds are the very effective home remedy for constipation. It contains high fiber and omega-3 fatty acids that are helpful for get rid of constipation. Flaxseeds also contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that are very effective for diarrhea as well as constipation.
- Take 1 tablespoon flaxseeds
- Grind these seeds
- Add this in 2 cup water and leave it for 15 minutes
- Drink this water once daily in the night before going to bed
5) Prunes for Constipation
Prunes are also mostly used natural home remedy for the constipation. Regular use of prunes are effective for deal with constipation and keep your stool normal.
- Take 2 prunes, almond milk
- Blend this properly
- Consume daily in the night for best result
6) Spinach for Constipation
Spinach is another good and very effective natural home remedy for constipation. Spinach is highly rich in fiber, calcium, phosphorus and oxalic acid that help to cleanse, reconstruct and regenerate the intestinal tract which is quickly provide the relief from constipation.
- You should include the spinach in your diet routine in any form
- You can prepare the spinach juice and drink half glass daily
- Repeat this 2 weeks and get the relief from constipation
7) Water and Fiber
As you know the less water and fiber consuming is one of the main reason of constipation. Fiber is most important that act as binds to water in intestine. Water will make the soften to stools and provide relief from constipation. You need to drink plenty of water daily.
- You should include high fiber food in your diet such as beans, potatoes, carrots wheat germ etc
- Include fresh fruits, leafy vegetable, nuts, broccoli etc in your diet
- Alternatively you can take the fiber supplement from market
- Take copper vessel and put the water in this and leave for whole night, Drink this water first thing in the morning. This is the most beneficial for constipation.
8) Castor Oil for Constipation
Castor oil is one of the amazing natural home remedy to treat the constipation problem. This oil helps to soften the stools and provide instant relief from constipation.
- Take 1 teaspoon of castor oil
- Consume it daily once in the morning with empty stomach
- Alternatively you can mix this in 1 glass warm milk and drink
- Repeat this for few days regularly
9) Herbal Teas for Constipation
Herbal teas are another great natural home remedy for get rid of constipation. This is very easy solution for stomach upset or constipation. If you can add honey in this tea than it will be more effective of constipation. Common herbal teas you can use are Green tea, Peppermint tea, Black tea.
- Take any of the above Herbal tea leaves and Boil water
- Add herbal tea leaves in boiled water
- Leave it for 20 minutes
- Then strain and drink this herbal tea
- Repeat thrice in a day
10) Coconut Oil for Constipation
Coconut oil is the great effective natural home remedies for treating constipation. Coconut oil contains fatty acids that helps to provide fast relief from stomach upset or constipation and bowel movement as well.
- Take 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- Consume it once in the morning and once in the night
- You can also include this oil in your food
- Repeat this method for 2-3 days and get the fast relief from constipation
In this post you have gone through with the 10 effective home remedies for constipation. Please share this post to your friends so that they can take the advantage of these and live the healthy life.