Baking Soda is the ingredient which can find easily in every kitchen. It is also known as sodium bicarbonate. There are many uses of baking soda around our daily life. Baking soda is a gentle abrasive, an effervescent agent and an odor neutralizer. You can say countless uses of baking soda in our daily life around home. Here we are listing some of the uses of baking soda.
Remove Pesticide from Fruits and Vegetables
For growing fruits and vegetable the farmer uses the pesticide. Those pesticides are helpful to control the damage of plants. These are helpful for plants, fruits and vegetables but at the other end more harmful for the health. So we need to clean pesticides from the fruits and vegetable before eating. Baking soda will help us to clean the pesticide.
- Take two tea spoon of lemon juice and four tea spoon of baking soda.
- Mix this mixture and dilute this mixture with one cup of water.
- Pour all this solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray it on fruits and vegetable and leave it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then use the paper towel to wipe these.
- Wash with water and eat.
In the kitchen we have a stainless steel gas stove, sink or cookware, refrigerator and utensils. We all want to keep them clean and this job is tough. So baking soda helps us to clean all these kitchenware. Stainless steel appliances will look like new once we clean with baking soda.
- First wash the stainless steel appliance with water.
- Then take baking soda and spread onto the appliance.
- Leave it as it is for 10 minutes.
- You can use a soft sponge and scrub the surface of stainless steel.
- Now rinse off with water and you can see your appliances look like new.
Splinter is the problem which occur extreme pain. Baking soda is useful to get of splinter. The splinter no matter how deep it is in skin. Baking soda helps to remove it.
- Take half teaspoon of baking soda and water.
- Prepare the paste with this.
- Apply this paste onto a bandage and apply on affected area.
- Leave it for full day.
- After 24 hours, remove this.
- Now you can easily pull out the splinter with tweezers.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
As we all know brushing the teeth is important. If you have no toothpaste then baking soda will work as one of the best alternative of toothpaste. Baking soda helps to whiten and brighten our teeth. It can also helpful to removing plaque to fight off tooth decay.
- Take your toothbrush and wet in baking soda.
- Use it to brush your teeth like your daily brush.
- Don’t eat or drink anything after 30 minutes of brushing the teeth with baking soda.
Removes Chlorine from Hair
Swimming is favorite activity for overall health. Swimming in a chlorinated pool is harmful for your hair. Due to chlorine hair becomes frizzy and fragile. Baking soda will help to find out the solution for this problem.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and 1 cup of water.
- Mix the well and fill it in spray bottle.
- Once swimming done the spray the mixture of baking soda on wet hair.
- Leave it for 5 minutes and wash hair with normal water.
- This will help to deal with frizzy hair and remove the chlorine from your hair.